question for the board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
    im down to two cars, that 97 has been played with too much for my own liking. but i found a 96 SS black, full exhuast, 6spd, leather, ttops, 115K( ) for 7grand. what u think bout that one?
    Just be sure it doesn't have the usual LT1 issues listed earlier (water pump, opti, etc...). If the body and interior are clean, that's a decent price for our area.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

The most important thing to know......

A car is only worth as much as you're willing to pay for it, plain and simple.

Comment

haha take it free isnt included
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

im down to two cars, that 97 has been played with too much for my own liking. but i found a 96 SS black, full exhuast, 6spd, leather, ttops, 115K( ) for 7grand. what u think bout that one?
          That depends on how it was cared for. Any documentaion on repairs?

Comment

I would give 'em $6,999.99.
            O.K., really, that would depend with me how "stock" the car was, and what has been done or not done (things it will need). Take your time and look at it, and remember, try to avoid impulse buys!
            1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

heres the skinny on it:

The car has 115,000 miles, but is still in excellent condition. The car is also a 6-speed equipped car with leather interior. Newer Nittos on the rear and BFG KDWS on the front.
              Some of the details include:

New Hooker long tubes and Y-pipe (only about 5,000 miles on them)
              SLP cold air intake
              1LE elbow
              Z06 MAF (still have original)
              Mizierre electric water pump
              New NGK plugs and MSD wires
              Clarion Pro Audio head unit
              10" JL in stealth box
              Kicker 6 1/2" all around
              Rockford 400a4 amp
              Rockford 500a2 amp
              Both amps are in a custom amp rack

There are a few minor cosmetic flaws that I have pictures of:
              2 Small door dings in rear quarter
              Drivers side front fender paint was over buffed
              Wear line on drivers outside bolster

If you are truly interested I have some pictures I can send, but they are fairly large files and are of the specific defects and a few general pictures.

Asking price is $7000.00 o.b.o.

heres the link
              http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491745

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

just a personal opinion.......

I would never buy a previously modded car with high mileage unless there is a buttload of documentation. How many passes has the car made? How often was the car run up to high speed? Seriously, how do you know how recent the mods are? The car might be worth it to someone, but for myself I would pass. I don't think I would want it even if it was 6K.

When I look at cars for myself, I look for a virgin car...... one with zero mods. Why? The odds that it's been raced or run hard is considerably lower. I would want something that was someone's cruiser, not bruiser. I suppose it all depends on what you want out of it.

Now if that car were bone stock with receipts for all repairs along with the mileage documentation, I would be more inclined to consider it. Even then I would haggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  I would never buy a previously modded car with high mileage unless there is a buttload of documentation. How many passes has the car made? How often was the car run up to high speed? Seriously, how do you know how recent the mods are? The car might be worth it to someone, but for myself I would pass. I don't think I would want it even if it was 6K.

When I look at cars for myself, I look for a virgin car...... one with zero mods. Why? The odds that it's been raced or run hard is considerably lower. I would want something that was someone's cruiser, not bruiser. I suppose it all depends on what you want out of it.
                  Ditto, kind ironic since i like to mod my vehicles and then run them at the track
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

i kno what u mean, thats why i liked that 95 so much. ill keep looking, looks like im being forced in the spring semster , worse comes to worse if i sell the t/a the money will sit in a savings till the right car comes

Comment

i kno what u mean, thats why i liked that 95 so much. ill keep looking, looks like im being forced in the spring semster , worse comes to worse if i sell the t/a the money will sit in a savings till the right car comes
                      Wise move.

I laugh at the ads that I see sometimes. They usually go like this:

96 Z28 M6, 97K miles, black with grey interior. Hooker Long Tubes, custom Y pipe and cutout, ported heads, Comp Cams camshaft, 1.6 roller rockers, Spec stage 4 clutch, new U joints, new water pump, new brakes, Nitto drag radials, never raced. $9,000 or best offer. Yeah right......

Bottom line is that if performance parts have been added, the thing has been run and usually run hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                        Bottom line is that if performance parts have been added, the thing has been run and usually run hard.
                        Can't stress that enough.

People don't mod their cars to drive like a soccer mom. The funny thing is, it's the ones who say "never raced" that you have to worry about. If someone has timeslips, I'd be more willing to believe they were being honest.
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

Comment

yea well this like all my plans fell through. t/a is staying. and im just gonna attempt to finish out the college deal

Comment

yea well this like all my plans fell through. t/a is staying. and im just gonna attempt to finish out the college deal
                            Smart man. Getting a 4th gen can be tempting. However, just think of the prices when you finish college. You'll save a couple thousand based on just that alone... Especially when the 5th gen hits the streets.
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                            X