unemployment super low!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark B
    If you check your window sticker... Im sure it says "Assembled in Maryland" All of the parts are made in Japan & Asia and then shipped over here to get put together by robots. They mainly do that to avoid paying extra taxes. It cost less in taxes to ship engines, transmissions, seats & body panels separtely to the US classifiying them as "car parts" than it does to send complete cars. All of the time consuming stuff is done where the labor is cheap. As you know, labor is cheaper overseas.
    At least thats the way I understand it.

But I still get your point. I guess the only real difference is where the checks get mailed to.
    The thing that impressed me about the new TL is how many American parts it actually has. The engine (3.2L VTEC) is American designed and built exclusively for Acura. The Accord uses a different engine. The plant in Ohio where the TL, TSX, MDX, and RSX are built employs thousands of people. Sure, much of it is robotic, however, the same is true with the big three.

Honda makes very little on every car sold. It's more marketshare they are after.

Bottom line is I didn't want to blindly give my money for what I perceived as a lesser quality car for similar money.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686

Honda makes very little on every car sold. It's more marketshare they are after.
      And to go along with that, they make a boatload on replacement parts. Their profit margin on those items is....

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        And to go along with that, they make a boatload on replacement parts. Their profit margin on those items is....
        Exactly. That's what they are looking for. Gain market share, make the money back (and then some) on parts.

Luckily, I bought a certified Acura. I get a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, and a 70,000 mile bumper-to-bumper. After that is up, I'm not sure I'll want to buy parts.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
        X