well all you yougins!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Belated 60th B-Day Ken

28 more years for me to hit that # . I'm Curious what is you weekly workout schedule, especially for someone classified as an antique (D&R ). I tell you what I think you'd win the hulk hogan look-alike contest hands down
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

^^^^

routine? well...at my age, its more maint. than actual building.... i dont go after a muscle group if i feel it needs it, however.. like for a while, my wife was giving me chit..said i looked like big bird! all upper body and skinny surfer legs... so i went after legs... LOL

Mon, Wed., and Friday is heavy arms, shoulders, chest days. Tues, Thurs, and Sat. is light arms, shoulders, and chest... not much weight, just lots of reps at a cardiac pace..to insure mobility... then legs those three days.... with some cardio too. i try and use all the diff machines as well as some free weights, to isolate muscle groups and get a variety of stuff going on. Sunday is "free day'... i do what ever i feel like, however much weight or little weight, but i do everything..and nothing over extended.

muscle milk shake 2 hrs before workout. muscle milk shake within 1 hr after workout. sometimes i use FastTwitch by muscle milk on my heavy days prior to workout... max energy. not 3 scoops though like they say you can, hell, thats 600 mg of caffeine....no way on that. i use 1 1/2 scoops. drink 3//4's of it 20 min before and the other 1/4 during.

food....is very important yall. red meat only once every 2 weeks... and i hear thats not even good for you now... the shock to your system does damage. lots of fish, bonless, skinless chicken.... rice, steamed vegies with every meal. a good multiple vitamin.... and extra herbs. q-gel, coQ10, tomato extract, tribulis, black walnut hulls, PeakATP, and a good argine nox booster.

some brews too.....need the carbs...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Ken! I hope it was a great one!

She's Red and she's Rare.

~Black Beauty ~ Last 97 & LT1 Hawk

Comment

thanks for posting that up Wolfman! latest research indicates that as we age we slowly lose the ability to regrow muscle, so keeping the muscles fit will most likely increase lifespan and quality of life when most start withering away

work out 4 days a week myself, but geared more for muscle building as I don't have much. I stick to free weights where practical

M & Th Chest, Shoulders, Back, Arms, abs, usually 3 sets on each exercise (8-12 reps per set mostly), and 2-3 exercises per muscle group takes about an hour
          T & F Legs and only legs 3 sets (8-12 reps per set mostly) on each exercise - takes 45 minutes

W, Sat, Sun rest... It's hard for me to build muscle, so the rest is just as important as the exercise

I follow a book called bodybuilding 101 by Robert Wolff - best book I've found

Take Dymatize protein powder (one with least amount of sugar, empty calories) about 3-4 shakes per day (200 grams) - I really need the protein! Multi vitamins, Omega 3 fats, CoQ10, resveritrol, phosphodatacholine, ALA (Alpha Lipolic Acid). Only take stuff with solid concrete research backing it.

No red meats (maybe once in a blue moon), lots of fish, chicken, fresh vegetables (no ground tubers as starch converts to sugar and sugar = bad), complex carbs, nuts, No soda (body negates the acidity with calcium from your bones!).

I tell you what with the extreme cold blasts we get, I've found myself hesitant to stick with it on those days. I'm determined not to follow my families medical history of heart disease and micro strokes (causes Alzheimer's-like dementia).

I tell you what, it really is quite inspiring to see someone 60 years old, in the gym and more fit than 20 and 30 year olds. Look at Jack Lalane - in his 90's and looks 50! Major kudos to ya Kerm

Now about that smoking habit of yours...
          Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
          Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
          pics and info

Comment

Happy birthday Ken !
            93 t/a A4 3.23s
            95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
            99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
            99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
            97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
            93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
            00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Happy Birthday Ken! Looking forward to wishing you a happy 70 th!
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

[QUOTE=
                Now about that smoking habit of yours... [/QUOTE]

down to around 4 a day now.

kinda like uv rays...if i give it completely...it will kill me.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                  Happy Birthday Ken! Looking forward to wishing you a happy 70 th!
                  that would be nice broh. and even nicer if we all had new f bodies too.....

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                    that would be nice broh. and even nicer if we all had new f bodies too.....
                    Maybe Norm could help us out with that!

Happy B-day!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

As you said, Ken. Sixty is just a number.

A really, really, big number.
                      J/K
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Many happy returns, Ken- I keep telling my volleyball friends that getting old isn't for sissies- only the tough make it that far-

Gotta stay active, in one form or another- you ever see any of those old farmers that just do hard work every day of their life, until they "slow down" at around 85 or so?

The fiancee threw me a big five-oh party a couple years ago when I hit that threshold- I wan't crazy about it, but it sure beats the alternative!

Now days, we're just middle age ;^)
                        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
                          Many happy returns, Ken- I keep telling my volleyball friends that getting old isn't for sissies- only the tough make it that far-

Gotta stay active, in one form or another- you ever see any of those old farmers that just do hard work every day of their life, until they "slow down" at around 85 or so?

The fiancee threw me a big five-oh party a couple years ago when I hit that threshold- I wan't crazy about it, but it sure beats the alternative!

Now days, we're just middle age ;^)
                          got that right man!!!

just a number...

and yes... hard physical work keeps you alive!

Comment

60 is only about 9 in dog years, isn't it?

Comment

Happy burfday ya old fart! hahaha
                              99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Happy Bday Ken! You still look 10x better than Hulk Hogan, who's still in his 50s
                                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
                                X