Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG!!!!!! let send some prayers everyone!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe 1320
    I'm getting ready to start the teardown of the WS6. Stuff is getting boxed up, documented and put aside. I just want to make sure I get the powertrain running prior to pullout, it's easier in the long run.
    Smart man... Planning it out. It will be nice knowing you have the heart of the WS6 still around.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

First off, let me say that the outpouring of emotion, thoughts and prayers has me overwhelmed. As much as I try to be the silent and strong type, when I read though the threads I broke down.I am truely in awe of the way you folks have me in your thoughts and prayers. When I spoke to Ken the other day, I had little idea of what everyone was planning. Ken mentioned something about "all that I've done for F-body.com"....... I was a little startled. The board was a considerable help to me when I first started playing around with the then new 4th generation f-body. When it merged in '97 and became f-body.com, I became a perminant member and shared whatever knowledge about these cars that I had managed to glean. Hopefully I thought I could help steer people clear of some of the pitfalls and mistakes that I had made along the way, not to mention learning as much as I could. You see, I'm the type of person who tries to learn something everyday. This board contained a wealth of knowledge and it's members seemed top notch. I was also impressed with the way that the members handled themselves. I thought to myself, "These are the kind of top notch people that I want to be able to associate with". There were very few instances where members belittled others, there were no flame wars like what still exist on the other forums, any time that type of activity reared it's ugly head, the moderators shut it down quickly. Because of that kind of environment, I knew I was hooked.

Fast foreward a few years, and I found myself going though a bitter divorce. Yet again, the members of the board gave me support and the strength to rebuild myself mentally. The divorce wiped me out emotionally and financially. I found myself so deep in debt that I didn't see any way out. The support from the members even in non tech topics was amazing. Again, I learned a great deal. I didn't declare bankruptcy, I worked my butt off to repay almost $40K in debts that my ex had managed to accumulate, with some attorney fees and other things all piled into the heap. None of that included the mortgage on the house or the loan on my beloved 97 WS6. Fast foreward a few more years and the day came when I paid off the note on my WS6, indeed it was a great day. Then........... in the blink on an eye, I was back into the fray when a few back to back Hurricanes tore though my neighborhood and my house. Of course some remember that I got screwed by the insurance company and I found myself again looking at huge bills, and even to this day there is work still yet to be done mainly due to lack of funds. I suppose I could have taken out a second mortgage to finish the repairs, it just seemed like there were other prioritires that kept popping up. My son had been injured and his hospital bills needed to be paid out, I thought eventually I would complete everything. The members of this board banded together to help out and again, I found myself surrounded by good thoughts and prayers. Just when all seemed to be getting back close to normal, an event happened the other day that has changed my life forever.

continued.............
      Hey Joe!
      I am so sorry! I am not on this site very often, & I totally missed the accident-thread...
      I know that it's very belated, but I just want to say that you are a great asset to this site, & I will still be praying for you to have a complete recovery (body, mind, spirit, & CAR!). I really appreciate the help that you have given me, & if there is anything that I can do (EVER) to help you out, please don't hesitate to let me know!
      I hope that the situation with the 'other-guy' has been resolved, & I will pray that you are NOT bound by chains of bitterness & hatred towards him. He obviously has a problem, but it's not YOUR problem... please don't let it turn your heart bitter!
      I am so glad to see that the Lord took care of you thru the whole situation, & I was/am impressed by the way that you have been able to keep a positive-outlook though this horrible situation!
      I don't know you personally, but I feel like you are a great guy (based on your past posts & the way that you are always willing to help others), & my heart goes out to you in your struggles!
      A little less than 2 years ago, I watched my baby brother (36 yrs. old) lay in a hospital for two months, before his body finally gave up to the problems that were attacking him. It makes a person think alot differently when they see the fragility of our lives...
      I hope that you are a Christian & are 'right with God', as someday (maybe much sooner than we think) we are all going to die, & then we will see Him face-to-face...
      God bless you Joe! I will be praying for you and yours!
      John

Comment

• Been Gone the past year...just heard about the accident

I haven't been on the board in a year. I went on this week and saw your thread. I am so thankful you are still with us. I haven't searched for other threads, but I hope the recovery has gone well.

It is a bummer about the car, but as long as she kept you alive...she did her job!
        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Not again!! God is with him! Ill pray for him. keep us posted thanks

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

• MAN!!!!!!!! dont I feel like a dope!!! lol Well when I saw that my heart dropped! sorry bout that.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

• Yeah, it's been since the end of February. I'm still dealing with some issues..... when I'm out driving, every time I see a nice WS6 it makes me a little sad that mine is trashed.

Comment

Yeah, it's been since the end of February. I'm still dealing with some issues..... when I'm out driving, every time I see a nice WS6 it makes me a little sad that mine is trashed.

I truly know how you feel. I had 2 of them go up in smoke! !st i was driving and tried to avoid an animal and the second one really hurt. I was riding my bike and a friend of mine was driving my car in front of me and someone ran him off the road and it flipped rite in front of me. he was ok thank God but the car?.............................................. .......

current

Comment

• I hadn't thought about this thread in a bit until it got kicked back to the top. I went back and read thought the posts, kinda reliving the whole thing. I really am amazed at the lengths you folks went though to extend your concern and warmth for someone that you never met face to face. It's been a very moving experience.

I can't thank everyone enough for the support and kindness that has been expressed during this ordeal. You folks are without a doubt, the best.

Comment

• I am certain you would do the same for any of us.

We are a family here.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

• Agreed. We dont think about it here. We just do it. Cause thats what everyone else would do for any body here.

current

Comment

Working...
                      X