To end the debate over street racing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ Taso
    The cop can do 2 things: impound it or make you follow him to the station to post an I bond. If he impounds it, hope you have $300 - $500 cash to have someone bail you out (you can't bail yourself out). And that doesn't include the impound fee and I hope you don't have anything valuable in the car because impounds are notorious for stealing.

If the cop really wants to hurt you he'll write 'Drag racing' on your ticket (which is a class 1 felony in the state of IL). Odds are the judge will find you guilty unless you have a really good lawyer but I don't see what your defense would be..

The other thing he can do is write 'Reckless driving' on it. That would be your best bet getting out of the felony charge, but you would have to go to driving school unless you win in court. If you lose prepare to pay around $200.00 in court fees not including your lawyer.

I don't know the laws in other states but I'm pretty sure they're the same as here when it comes to street racing. If you kill someone while street racing you will be charged with vehicular manslaughter, meaning you meant to go fast but didn't mean to kill anyone. I gurantee you will lose your license for life, heavy fines, possible jail time and don't forget the civil lawsuits from the other family's.

Oh, and waking up every morning of your life knowing you killed somoene because you wanted to go fast.
    How does that sound Talon04?
    No F-Body right now

Comment

even worse . . .you're a pretty young guy.

You're going to apply for many jobs throughout your life.

How'd you like to have to explain your police record to every hiring manager and tell them how you were caught "street racing."

Not one person would hire you unless it was a chit job that no one wants and pays very little - all because you wanted "to WIN" that little street race....
      Darrin C
      '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
      07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

I love it when some people say "we go out in the middle of nowhere and race." Pardon the expression, but that is such a load of crap to justify the need for speed. The reason you go to the track is because of retaining walls, guard rails and EMTs standing by. Unless you go out in the desert where there really is nothing on the side of the road to hit, there is no such thing as out of the way and safe when it comes to public roadways. Also, going out to the middle of nowhere makes the likelyhood of death considerably higher in the event of a mishap. That is precious time wasted just in reaching your location. I can show you some pics of what a tree can do to a car at a simple 45 mph sideways impact, I wasn't racing either. At the track, the retaining walls prevent you from building up much momentum going to the side and confines the crash to the track area where the least amount of damage is done.

Racing on the street simply shows poor judgement. Period. What would be stupid would be to go ahead and do it anyway even after reading everyone's responses and the reasons for not street racing.

Comment

He's 18. Im not much older but i know how it is to be all flashy and show off. I used to be like that in my Honda, but then again that thing was not fast. The most I would do is pull the E-Brake and tailwhip it. Always while it was raining in the huge parking lot of an old warehouse. Now in this thing, Slamming 4th and your at 120mph real quick. Not worth it. Its even worse here in California were 9 out of 10 drivers dont know what turn signals are and never went to driving school. I have been Driving around since I was 10. Had my licence 2 days after my 16th birthday, and have been driving quick cars for years, yet all that means nothing in the event that some car is crossing the road and Im going 89 in a 45.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
          X