Looking for suggestions on a daily driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just love dsm's,
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

So far it's looking like I'll be getting a Civic or a Sentra. Probably the Civic. How about Saturns? Are they reliable? I mean earlier ones, like mid- late 90's. How about Neons? Are they all crap, or are some decent? They sell for next to nothing.
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

saturns - watch out for the diff pin. they tend to fly out. dont matter if it was a kid or a older person. some do, some dont.

neons - eh, they are throw away cars in my eyes
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

for heavens sake dont buy a hyundai haha , maybe a civic in the worst case...OMG hyundai only old disabled people drive them , and other a"**^&* who dont know anything about cars and and for whom the car is only transportation

ford taurus, chevy malibu, pontiac grand prix, so many choices....i think i d go for the grand prix..dont know about reliability and all but it must me ten times better than a hyundai
          93 t/a A4 3.23s
          95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
          99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
          99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
          97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
          93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
          00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
            ford taurus, chevy malibu, pontiac grand prix, so many choices....i think i d go for the grand prix..dont know about reliability and all but it must me ten times better than a hyundai
            I think that the whole Hyundai "throw away" car thing is a myth. My sensei has had his Hyundai for 6 years without any problems, my brother's boss has an Accent with something like 130k miles on it and is yet to have a problem. In fact, he's still on the original clutch. Two of my former co- workers had Hyundais and never had any issues. I work for a car rental company and all of the Hyundais run really well. The Sonata isn't too shabby, especially in the power department. It's not an F- body or a Mustang, but it has more power than I expected from a Korean "throw away" car. In addition to that, I've been reading up on them and haven't seen too many unhappy customers.
            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            SOLD- Good riddance!
            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
              ... In addition to that, I've been reading up on them and haven't seen too many unhappy customers.
              and they wouldnt complain if they bought a hyundai, because if they have bought one means they dont know much about how a car should drive and handle, and they are happy as long as it strarts and runs, and feels somewhat comfortable . if a car is chap , cheap to run , parts are cheap, that doesnt mean its a good car car , its just a cheap car. At least this is how i see it, i might be wrong.
              But one thing i would do, i d put all the hyundai or other c&^* car drivers in a bmw or newer cadillac, or a chevy, so they can see the differrence and then see if they complain more about their box with wheels

accent 2007

- Air conditioning
              - AM/FM/CD audio system with 6 speakers and 172 watts
              - P185/65R14 H-rated tires
              - Bodycolor bumpers, bodyside moldings, mirrors, & door handles
              - Tinted glass with windshield shade band
              - Driver & passenger illuminated vanity mirrors with covers
              - Front seatback pockets
              - Rear center armrest with cupholders

haha , most of the 'features' are something that other manufacturers dont even point out illuminated vanity mirrors with covers, seatback pockets, armrest, windshielsd shade band!!!!! , and the piece-de-resistance 172 watts stereo, not 170, not 175 but 172 watts, things are precise at hyunday lmao and H rated tires, 185/14 !!!! they shouldnt have mentioned that
              93 t/a A4 3.23s
              95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
              99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
              99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
              97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
              93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
              00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Check with online auto parts stores and compare some simple parts costs. That may help you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  Check with online auto parts stores and compare some simple parts costs. That may help you decide.
                  Great point. Really, really a solid decision maker/breaker. He's exactly right.

Check simple things like...

Alternator
                  Brakes
                  Plugs/Wires
                  Starter

These things can either be reasonable or drop your jaw.

Great point, Joe.
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                    Great point. Really, really a solid decision maker/breaker. He's exactly right.

Check simple things like...

Alternator
                    Brakes
                    Plugs/Wires
                    Starter

These things can either be reasonable or drop your jaw.

Great point, Joe.
                    Just out of curiosity, how long do brakes usually last? I've had my car for nearly three years and it still has the brakes I bought it with, which weren't new by any means.
                    SOLD- Kinda miss it
                    SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

depends on driving style and traffic and what not. i do brakes on my dads old t-bird every 20K, but tims father only did the front brakes once on his 98 tacoma(165K) and never touched the rear. and we did brakes on a 2002 1500 and it was the frist brake job at 90K. but my bros are every 30K. just depends
                      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                      X