Wolfman - get a load of this coyote pic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steel2686
    That's awesome. My dog howls when I pull in the driveway, but it's just not the same coming from a Golden.
    would you believe, that Keona has taught Reno to howl? he's our golden that raised her, as you may know.. the other two dont do it..but when she starts...he chimes in.

ill get a vid sometime...or have mary take one.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

and ....no coyotes around here.......hee heeeeeee

aint posted a recent pic of my girl lately.. she's blowing her winter coat now..

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
        would you believe, that Keona has taught Reno to howl? he's our golden that raised her, as you may know.. the other two dont do it..but when she starts...he chimes in.

ill get a vid sometime...or have mary take one.
        That's very cool. Shea (my Golden) howls, but it's way off key. She only does it when she hears my garage door open. It's pretty amazing because I can't tell the difference between my garage door and my wife's. Shea can.

She wags her tail when she hears my wife's door open, but howls and jumps around when mine opens. Amazing hearing I suppose.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

HAHA!!!! I have the best one yet....... Wow, that is all I can say.

Coyotes Love Quiznos...
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
            HAHA!!!! I have the best one yet....... Wow, that is all I can say.

Coyotes Love Quiznos...
            That is unreal. Cool pic of the coyote near the Sobe.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

i still want video of keona howling. come on wolf, i know you got the camera! I've only seen and heard it in the movies.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                i still want video of keona howling. come on wolf, i know you got the camera! I've only seen and heard it in the movies.
                Ill get one this weekend! for sure!

Comment

Looks like I spoke too soon they want to get rid of 'em

http://www.newportdailynews.com/arti...news/news3.txt

wo Newport City Council members want the city administration to work with Middletown and Portsmouth to limit the number of coyotes in the three communities.

Stephen R. Coyne and Kathryn E. Leonard have submitted a resolution calling on the city and town governments to develop a "Regional Population Control Plan for Coyotes on Aquidneck Island."

"I followed an enormous coyote down Ridge Road, to Harrison Avenue, to Beacon Hill Road and past the Cluny School," Leonard said. "What would have happened if a child was walking nearby and eating a sandwich?"

Leonard said she followed the coyote one day last week, around 4 p.m. She said a woman in a green van ahead of her was taking pictures of the coyote, and she is hoping the woman shares the photos.

She said she got a call last week from a Narragansett Avenue resident who said he had a mother coyote and three coyote pups living under his front porch. Leonard also said a Harrison Avenue man recently reporting seeing two coyotes in his back yard with his two large dogs and two children.

She said coyotes have killed sheep at Hammersmith Farm and animals at the Swiss Village Foundation, which breeds rare species.

Last year, she said a golfer at the Newport Country Club took a photo of about 15 coyotes sunning on a green, and people regularly hear coyotes howling around Almy Pond.

"We're getting lots of calls about missing pets," she said. "They tell us, 'Don't feed them and leave them alone,' but more and more people are becoming worried about public safety. We need expert advice on how to get rid of them before some child gets eaten like the pets who have been eaten."

Leonard said birth-control measures sometimes have worked on coyotes, and "logistically, you can't move them, because no one wants them."

So, what's the answer?

"I don't pretend to be an animal biologist," she said. "I'm not an advocate of killing animals, but we want solutions."

The council is expected to vote Wednesday on the resolution.

"Aquidneck Island has seen a dramatic increase in the coyote population in the last six months," according to the resolution. "The accelerated growth in the coyote population has forced parents as well some school districts to limit the outdoor activities of their small children."

Last week, the principal of the Aquidneck Elementary School in Middletown decided to keep children indoors during noontime recess because a coyote was seen hanging around school grounds.

Residents of the Park Holm housing development, near Miantonomi Park, have said there are packs of coyotes roaming the neighborhood. The animals, neighbors say, have been milling about in the area and their ranks have grown during the past few months.

The Conservation Agency has been conducting a "Narragansett Bay Coyote Study," trapping coyotes, tagging them with radio transmitters and releasing them.

The lead scientist in the study is Numi Mitchell.

"Our research over the past year has shown that this pack of coyotes (at Miantonomi Park and Naval Station Newport) and every other pack on Aquidneck Island and Jamestown are being subsidized by humans," she says on the agency's Web site. "Whether they are eating road kills, pet food on porches, cat food put out for feral cats, feral cats, pet cats or steak scraps, a plethora of subsidies they enjoy are all coming directly or indirectly from us.

"Remember fat coyotes are fertile coyotes. In the meantime, our biggest challenge is to get people to stop feeding (the coyotes). They then will go off and be normal coyotes, and we can just enjoy a glimpse from time to time."

Mitchell and her staffers radio track the coyotes they have tagged and show their movements on maps of Aquidneck and Conanicut islands at www.theconservationagency.org. Last fall, the agency estimated there were at least 70 coyotes on the two islands.
                  Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                  Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                  pics and info

Comment

Working...
                  X