Question About My Profession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by strkt_&_blwn
    pretty sure there is one for your truck already.

EDIT: yep here it is. http://www.procharger.com/TRUCK_SUV/truck_suv.shtml
    bada$$ness
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
      I have some friends that work there currently and have a few friends that used to work there. If you really really like the job and the cut in pay won't affect your lifestyle, I say go for it.

I know a couple that work there currently as well. Who do you know maybe they're the same people.
      '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
      '00 T/A Silver
      '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Conventional wisdon says "do what you love, and the money will follow"- If you are doing your passion, and long days won't seem like work. After 10 hours at the shop, you will still be reluctant to leave, feel like you might miss something exciting. Management, if they are paying attention, should notice that, and give you opportunity to grow. Maybe a new shop will open, or an upper mgmt. position will become available.

If you can afford to make the move, do it- If you don't, you most likely will regret it- imagine yourself looking back in 20 years saying shoulda coulda woulda- As you get older and more societal responsiblilities, the chance to follow your dreams may not always be there- when you have a mortgage, 2 kids with braces and two cars complete with payment books- so, if you are ever going to do it, the time is now-

Just my opinion. I got lucky, got layed off from a good job, making great money 20 years ago, and ended up in an even better one. My job found me- but you have to be ready and willing to change-
        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Sometimes it's not all about the money.
          It sounds as tho you're frustrated in the current position & you have an excitement so to speak about the possibility of doing something new.

Enough said. Good Luck!
          1) 2001 Pontiac Trans Am 10th Anniversary Firehawk
          2) 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP
          3) 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTII
          4) 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
          5) 1996 Chevrolet Blazer
          6) 1993 Harley-Davidson FXSTS Softail Springer

Comment

Thanks guys I really appreciate your insight on the deal. I'll wait and see how everything goes.
            '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
            '00 T/A Silver
            '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Go with your passion. Everyone dreams of getting paid to do what they love to do. And if it doesn't work out you can probably get hired just about anywhere with a background as a diesel tech.
              Dave M
              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
              X