Immigration Reform?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Reform?

So...what's everyone's thought on Bush's push on immigration reform? I think it's a big mistake if this bill passes. I love W but he's been making a misses lately. I don't appreciate this push at all...

Anyone else? I just want some insight on what y'all think.

Current Reform News

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Maybe you should have made this a poll. I would like to see the results of it.

I am against it. I think we need to fix the border first then figure out what to do with the illegal aliens. Fix the broken plumbing before we start to bail the water.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Yeah, I just realized it too...should've made it a poll.

Anywho...not to paint everyone with the same brush, but Georgia definately has a problem...and it's ever increasing.

This bill would open up so much immunity for criminals and not to mention the amount of money wasted for resources that are meant for the American people...sucks.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I laugh when I hear the word "reform" used to describe the current bill.
        http://www.forthecause.us/media/ftc-...ons_070523.wmv
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

You know...where I work at, all we have are these liberal magazines. I read them...for insight and to get the other side of the story. Anyways, on Time, they have "WHY AMNESITY MAKES SENSE" but prior to that issue they have "HOW TO RECOVER AFTER BUSH"...I don't get it.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

It's called talking out of both sides of your mouth..... Which ever way the wind blows.
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Here's another one for ya'll
              http://sessions.senate.gov/pressapp/....cfm?id=275456

Comment

The liberals couldn't give a big steaming pooh about what's good for this country. All they see is millions of potential voters for "their side" Maybe one day they will actually realize we are all on the same side.

Comment

I believe there is an issue with the border and it should be taken care of. The one thing I find funny is how everyone thinks I.A. are taking all the jobs. I'm first generation American. My Father came to the US in the 70's and brought my mother over in the early 80's. Back then it was a lot easier to make money. He was a mechanic and still is. 30+ years of working on cars and he feels the effects of the modern generation. Now a days you have to have a degree or some really good skills in a particular field. The I.A.'s do all the jobs nobody else is willing to do. American companies make killings by underpaying them. I work for one of the biggest Cabinet door manufacturer. There is well over 4000 people in this company, and you can damn well bet that every single person in the factories are either Mexican, Puerto Rican, or from El Salvador. If it was nothing but Americans getting paid reasonable wages this company would never Last. So there is always 2 sides to the story.

Is it right for I.A. to be here? No

Do companies take advantage of the governments error? Hell yeah they do
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I don't think anyone here would argue there is need for immigration reform. But this isn't the way to do it. I remember hearing 15 years ago (wow was it that long ago?) nothing coming from Hillary and Bill but health care reform. Meanwhile, I'm paying three times as much for my health care insurance now. Gee thanks Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                      I believe there is an issue with the border and it should be taken care of. The one thing I find funny is how everyone thinks I.A. are taking all the jobs. I'm first generation American. My Father came to the US in the 70's and brought my mother over in the early 80's. Back then it was a lot easier to make money. He was a mechanic and still is. 30+ years of working on cars and he feels the effects of the modern generation. Now a days you have to have a degree or some really good skills in a particular field. The I.A.'s do all the jobs nobody else is willing to do. American companies make killings by underpaying them. I work for one of the biggest Cabinet door manufacturer. There is well over 4000 people in this company, and you can damn well bet that every single person in the factories are either Mexican, Puerto Rican, or from El Salvador. If it was nothing but Americans getting paid reasonable wages this company would never Last. So there is always 2 sides to the story.

Is it right for I.A. to be here? No

Do companies take advantage of the governments error? Hell yeah they do

I hear what you are saying, but I have to disagree on the "The I.A.'s do all the jobs nobody else is willing to do" part. Around where I work, I see many many homeless people. A large majority of them are white. So, do you really think that these people would rather be on the street, eating out of dumpsters, than work as a dishwasher, janitor, gardener, etc.? I think they would jump at the chance. The problem is what you said, the companies would rather pay a worthless, leech of a federal-law-breaking ILLEGAL alien minimal wages to do the jobs. So, the poor American citizen schlub who just needs a job isn't able to get it because the company would rather hire illegals. And if the company builds it'self on illegals and claims that they couldn't be in business without the cheap labor, then they don't need to be in business anyway. I say close them all down. They are breaking federal law, too, by hiring them.
                      This "reform" makes no sense. I had W's back on the war, but on this I think he is waaaay off base. To tell the Mexicans and others that "It is illegal to cross this border without going through the immigration process....you can be fined, arrested and deported if you do so. Buuuuut....if you do happen to make it over here, we'll just go ahead and give you amnesty for your efforts." How the h#!! is this going to solve anything?? The only thing that is going to do is make them want to try even harder to sneak across. Stupid beuracratic bullsh.....

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

It's incorrect to say that the IAs are doing the jobs US citizens won't do. The correct statement would be the IAs are doing the jobs that US citizens won't do for what the employers want to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                          I hear what you are saying, but I have to disagree on the "The I.A.'s do all the jobs nobody else is willing to do" part. Around where I work, I see many many homeless people. A large majority of them are white. So, do you really think that these people would rather be on the street, eating out of dumpsters, than work as a dishwasher, janitor, gardener, etc.? I think they would jump at the chance. The problem is what you said, the companies would rather pay a worthless, leech of a federal-law-breaking ILLEGAL alien minimal wages to do the jobs. So, the poor American citizen schlub who just needs a job isn't able to get it because the company would rather hire illegals. And if the company builds it'self on illegals and claims that they couldn't be in business without the cheap labor, then they don't need to be in business anyway. I say close them all down. This "reform" makes no sense. I had W's back on the war, but on this I think he is waaaay off base. To tell the Mexicans and others that "It is illegal to cross this border without going through the immigration process....you can be fined, arrested and deported if you do so. Buuuuut....if you do happen to make it over here, we'll just go ahead and give you amnesty for your efforts." How the h#!! is this going to solve anything?? The only thing that is going to do is make them want to try even harder to sneak across. Stupid beuracratic bullsh.....
                          Oh give me a break. No offense but your telling me that a homeless WHITE guy with all the ability in the world is there b/c The IA's took their jobs. That's a joke. Here in LA we have Bums up the Wazu and 80% of them are White. Where do they hang out? By gas stations getting drunk. They are straight out Lazy a$$es. So don't blame it on I.A.'s. That's a major Cop out. Its one more reason to blame the IA's. I will agree now the number of IA's that come to this country to exploit it has increased but Back in the day, say 10-20 years ago, they came to give they're families a better life. My Father was dirt poor. Almost died of starvation a couple times as a child, but he was a hard worker, and he made it. He helped his whole family, built his own family and I must say, We live pretty well. By no means are we wealthy. Living on $35k or less a year is trash but the man made it work. Why b/c he was a hard Gawd damn worker. Sorry Todd but You stuck a cord with me on Blaming IA's for the "poor American citizen schlub" not being able to get a job. Its called, "Stop Depending On Other People To Take Care Of You," (Not Directed at anyone in particular.)

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                          It's incorrect to say that the IAs are doing the jobs US citizens won't do. The correct statement would be the IAs are doing the jobs that US citizens won't do for what the employers want to pay.
                          Very good point Jeff. Much better stated, but the only problem here is, I believe everyone is where they deserve to be. You don't go to school then you don't deserve a good paying job. What I notice a lot in my generation is, b/c you were raise with money once you get out into the real world you deserve automatically that good paying job and all that. People that wash cars and bag your food and do fast food belong there.
                          Eddie
                          2000 M6 Trans Am
                          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                            The liberals couldn't give a big steaming pooh about what's good for this country. All they see is millions of potential voters for "their side" Maybe one day they will actually realize we are all on the same side.
                            I am liberal in many ways, but i dont resent that.
                            Immigration reform is mostly about making immigration CONTROL work, and paying for it.
                            We need skilled workers, now.
                            12 mil illegals aint going away, and agriculture cannot afford that anyway. This bill is pragmatic, and finally brings in funding.
                            I like Bush's call for higher MPG on cars, also.
                            Mike, So. MD, USA
                            1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Sorry I shouldn't have lumped all liberals in the same category. I have some liberal views myself. What I should have said was, many liberals, most of them democrats…..

But I feel this bill is a poor excuse to fix our immigration issues. Changing a law so that those who break it are no longer criminals is just pretzel logic. It's an easy fix, we've become apathetic and lazy looking for the easy way out of difficult issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X