No announcement yet.

gun owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion dont go with a gun, if someone is going after you they know how a gun works, they know what to expect and they can easily use it against you. Go with something unique that someone will be like WTF? and have no idea how to counter it. Since you are looking for home defense think close quarters cause i doubt you wanna give away you element of surprise and end up in a gun fight. Get say nun-chucks, they are crazy deadly inside a house and even if you loose them, somehow, i doubt the intruder will use them against you. If you have a bigger house or dont have nerves of steel to wait till someone walks in the room to do a radando strike get a spade, however make sure where ever the confrontation is you dont mind breaking a few lamps. If neither of these seem to suite you just go with a Tazer, it shoots had fairly long range it stuns, its not going to get used against you, and if it does, better that then being shot.

If your talking outside of your house defense by all means guns and bear traps are the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenixx
      In my opinion dont go with a gun, if someone is going after you they know how a gun works, they know what to expect and they can easily use it against you. Go with something unique that someone will be like WTF? and have no idea how to counter it. Since you are looking for home defense think close quarters cause i doubt you wanna give away you element of surprise and end up in a gun fight. Get say nun-chucks, they are crazy deadly inside a house and even if you loose them, somehow, i doubt the intruder will use them against you. If you have a bigger house or dont have nerves of steel to wait till someone walks in the room to do a radando strike get a spade, however make sure where ever the confrontation is you dont mind breaking a few lamps. If neither of these seem to suite you just go with a Tazer, it shoots had fairly long range it stuns, its not going to get used against you, and if it does, better that then being shot.

If your talking outside of your house defense by all means guns and bear traps are the way to go.
      And while you are swinging them the intruder shoots you with his gun. Don't branish a gun unless you are willing to use it.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        Don't branish a gun unless you are willing to use it.
        As a friend's dad taught us a long time ago, If you point a gun at another person you better be prepared to take that person's life. If you're not then you have no reason to have a gun in your hand.
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
          As a friend's dad taught us a long time ago, If you point a gun at another person you better be prepared to take that person's life. If you're not then you have no reason to have a gun in your hand.

I understand that but when it comes to protecting my wife and new son i am prepared to do what ever is nessesary.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Hmm...we seem to be drifting off topic...

From another forum I'm on, comments from Sigma owners:

http://handgunforum.net/showthread.php?t=2066

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
            '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
            Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

a while back some kid was threaten to beat hte crap outta me and ****. he attempted to vandelize my old t/a but my buddy got a couple licks in be4 he could do anything, so i went out a bought a 2 1/2" wrench, i keep that in my truck. once he saw that wrench in my hand he never mention a word to me and hasnt been around for a long time. plus it was only 30$ and isnt illegal in any way shape or form as its a tool
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                And while you are swinging them the intruder shoots you with his gun. Don't branish a gun unless you are willing to use it.
                What did i say? You dont use it down a hallway or anything and you certainly dont confront them, like i said if you have the nerves to wait around a door, its on a chain and will win in this situation either with a swing to the face, a radondo strike or with the cuff manevour which would break his arm while also preventing him to be able to aim at all. Obvouisly if you go at the intruder with them he would just shoot you. However personally if you somehow know the intruder has a gun and you are 100% sure id choose a gun as well just wait behind a blind spot and shoot em, nothing in your house, besides family, would be worth trying to run out and get in a 50-50 gun fight over.

Comment

Oh hell just call 911 an let them find the bodes WHEN they get there. There are only 2 kinds of people in this world. The quick an the dead. I'am still living.
                  Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenixx
                    What did i say? You dont use it down a hallway or anything and you certainly dont confront them, like i said if you have the nerves to wait around a door, its on a chain and will win in this situation either with a swing to the face, a radondo strike or with the cuff manevour which would break his arm while also preventing him to be able to aim at all. Obvouisly if you go at the intruder with them he would just shoot you. However personally if you somehow know the intruder has a gun and you are 100% sure id choose a gun as well just wait behind a blind spot and shoot em, nothing in your house, besides family, would be worth trying to run out and get in a 50-50 gun fight over.
                    What if there are two of them? Many criminals break in houses in pairs... sometimes more.

Guns are for home protection. They simply work better than any close quarter weapon.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                    X