Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ Taso
    No GM cars.
    Show some support for the American auto industry and at least purchase something domestic. Too many Americans are only thinking of themselves these days. Selfishness is taking this country in the wrong direction.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      Show some support for the American auto industry and at least purchase something domestic. Too many Americans are only thinking of themselves these days. Selfishness is taking this country in the wrong direction.
      I did just that when I bought my Acura. Built in Marysville, Ohio.

My last three GM's?

Two were built in Canada, and one in Mexico.

This is also the tightest, most well put together car I've ever owned... By a long shot.

The Acura TSX is a fun car to drive. It's the TL's smaller sibling.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
        I did just that when I bought my Acura. Built in Marysville, Ohio.

My last three GM's?

Two were built in Canada, and one in Mexico.

This is also the tightest, most well put together car I've ever owned... By a long shot.

The Acura TSX is a fun car to drive. It's the TL's smaller sibling.
        An Acura is not a domestic car. The corporate headquarters for Acura are not in this country. The bulk of the profits from the car leave this country. It doesnt matter where the car is assembled, assembly is only a very small part of the design and manufacturing process. What matters is where the money from the sale goes. If the money leaves the country, that is bad for all of us.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

An Acura is not a domestic car. The corporate headquarters for Acura are not in this country. The bulk of the profits from the car leave this country. It doesnt matter where the car is assembled, assembly is only a very small part of the design and manufacturing process. What matters is where the money from the sale goes. If the money leaves the country, that is bad for all of us.
          I work for a company who's headquarters are in Canada. I assure you I am not Canadian and I am not paid in Canadian funds, neither are my nearly 15,000 American co-workers. So I guess we should all stop buying products from my company and put us all out of a job and add to the already dismal unemployment figures.

Not to mention, removing well over a billion dollars in payroll from the US economy.
          Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

I already own 2 GM cars. I want to try something new.
            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
              ricers.......my forum is now full of ricers..............

Now, now... If I sell my T/A for a Ricer than that would be different. And if I do end up getting an import, I assure you I will not rice it. No extra ground effects, no 5 foot high spoilers, no graphics and coffee cans for exhaust.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Untrue.

Most cars sold from Acura (Headquarters are in Ohio called Honda of America), are sold at a loss. It's marketshare most car companies are after. They will sell cars at a slight loss to make bigger gains in service, parts, and general sales which drive the stocks higher.

I hold a company in high regard who decides to employ the average blue collar American. I would rather see them get my money than a company based here, who employs those outside the country. Who's pockets would I be lining in either case?

Acura - American workers
                GM - Corporate Execs who hardly need more money

Look - I still love GM. I do. I was born and raised around GM, and will be back. I was just tired of two things... One, my car was as domestic as a Kia. Two, settling for poor build quality just to blindly back a company. I took a break and was pleasantly surprised. GM is doing a much better job with interiors and build quality in general. I still think it's a year or two away.
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

Comment

I agree Tracy, we need to support our home automotive manufacturers. Though I also agree with the fact they need to put something out that can compete with foreign products.

I don't think we should disregard foreign companies either but we should do our part and support our homeland.

I say pick up a Cobalt SS...supercharged for more fun. Ford hasn't had a small car that stirred anything in years. Chrysler......?

Cobalt SS/Supercharged or Civic Si...your choice. Get a pre-owned and you got a pretty good deal.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

How about a SAAB?
                    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                      How about a SAAB?
                      they went downhill immediately after GM took over ... avoid them like the plague
                      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                      pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                        Though I also agree with the fact they need to put something out that can compete with foreign products.
                        Check out the Buick Lucerne. We got one in yesterday with a black leather interior, satellite radio, everything. It was pretty powerful too, to top it all off. I couldn't believe I was sitting in an American car. It felt extremely well built. The Buick Enclave is incredible as well. I'd put it right up there with the Nissan Murano. Seems like GM might actually be starting to put some effort into their cars. Most of the American cars that I've driven feel like their interior panels are going to crack at any given second.
                        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                        SOLD- Kinda miss it
                        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                        SOLD- Good riddance!
                        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                          Check out the Buick Lucerne. We got one in yesterday with a black leather interior, satellite radio, everything. It was pretty powerful too, to top it all off. I couldn't believe I was sitting in an American car. It felt extremely well built. The Buick Enclave is incredible as well. I'd put it right up there with the Nissan Murano. Seems like GM might actually be starting to put some effort into their cars. Most of the American cars that I've driven feel like their interior panels are going to crack at any given second.
                          I meant in the small car segment...other than the Cobalt and G5...nothing. GM has great products...I don't doubt that. I love the Enclave...but when it comes to small cars...they suck...at least for now.

The new Saturn hatch is gonna blow the segment out of the water!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                            The new Saturn hatch is gonna blow the segment out of the water!
                            That new Saturn is going to sell big time.
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                            X