Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christopherrr
    sounds like a deal to me...

because, if you intend to take it anywhere else, they probably will notice the accident and will never give you what you deserve. I would be inclinded to work with that carmax alone to get a deal out of it...possibly what you intially wanted of 4500 and not what they offered. Leave it to them to fix their own problem if you decided to trade.
    To be honest it isn't dented very far and you have to look at in the right light to see it but it is there. I think the scratch will buff out most of it. I just don't want to fool with. I really hate dealing with Car Max. It's just a good place to go look if you don't know what you want. They have everything there.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I took my '96 Z28 into one once. This was in 2002 or so. They offerd me something insanely low...something like $6,000. I ended up selling for more than that in 2005.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
        Oh yeah. Chevy had a recall on like 2000-2004 silverado Tailgate Support cables. What was happening is that the cables had glue on one end that didnt allow the water to run out of the cables and they would rust and snap. I replaced well over 1000 sets of cables over a one year period. And we had to replace the tailgates that got damaged. It was crazy.

A trainer at my work was bringing rifles back from the range in his POV (chevy truck) when his tailgate let loose on the highway. He lost two AR-15's along the highway and didn't realize it until he got back to work. Lukily an honest person found them and turned them into police. Naurally, this didn't play too well in the media (nuclear security losing rifles just doesn't fly with the public). Management tried blaming the trainer until he demonstrated that the tailgate broke. Procedure now dictates that all firearms and ammunition is taken to the range in an enclosed vehicle or bed with a cap.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
        X