No announcement yet.

'07 Rustang GT RWHP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good point. Its like one of my buddies. He thinks HP is everything. Thats all he ever asks. He thinks just b/c a cars rated at a certain HP and his is rated more, He's quicker. He has an '03 SVT Focus. Rated at 170hp. He has Exhaust and intake. How quickly he learned that there is no replacement for displacement. He pulled 147hp and 126 torque. ha ha ha. And thats up to 7200rpms

I did a 2000-3200 rpm pull and got 315ftlb of torque and 230hp. I told him, You need torque buddy, Not just HP. Like the S2000. 240 hp and like 140 torque. Its a joke. Thats kinda the Rustang mentality. If you have no torque, Then you better be super light. I had my Honda Close to 2000lbs no driver.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Alot of people underestimate the importance of torque. This is why a 5.7 350 always has the advantage over 4.6 281 (mustang). Thats why Im pretty sure shelby and Saleen put there own engines. Im actually not sure how that works.

In alot of ways mustang drivers are like japanese car owners in that all they talk about boost adders and how light theyre cars are....granted mustangs are lighter than GM F platforms but not by a whole lot. Not enough to brag about.

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
        Very good point. Its like one of my buddies. He thinks HP is everything. Thats all he ever asks. He thinks just b/c a cars rated at a certain HP and his is rated more, He's quicker. He has an '03 SVT Focus. Rated at 170hp. He has Exhaust and intake. How quickly he learned that there is no replacement for displacement. He pulled 147hp and 126 torque. ha ha ha. And thats up to 7200rpms

I did a 2000-3200 rpm pull and got 315ftlb of torque and 230hp. I told him, You need torque buddy, Not just HP. Like the S2000. 240 hp and like 140 torque. Its a joke. Thats kinda the Rustang mentality. If you have no torque, Then you better be super light. I had my Honda Close to 2000lbs no driver.
        Yeah says Ls1 got 335ftlb @4000rpm / lt1 325@2400 rpm guess lt1 has more lower rpm torque http://www.transamworld.com/fbird-history-php4.php
        1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
          Yeah says Ls1 got 335ftlb @4000rpm / lt1 325@2400 rpm guess lt1 has more lower rpm torque http://www.transamworld.com/fbird-history-php4.php
          Yeah THats a given. LS1's need more RPMs to move.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

watched one get dyno tuned a few weeks back, it put out 284 rwhp stock right down to the paper air filter.
            87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Ok clearly no one here likes the 4.6. But how do you guys feel about the old 5.0 fords they used to but in the fox bodies?

Comment

Working...
              X