Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bringing the Camaro to the track tonight. Any tips/predictions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I did have fun though so it's all good

I will be going back in a couple months - local car club rents the track out twice a year - Oct. 19th is the next one. Hopefully I'll have the exhaust opened up a bit by then, and maybe some other things..

I need to get this car down to where the Talon was!
    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

FYI - There is a rental september 5th @ NED . Just call them up and get on the list if you want to run and cannot wait until October

It's killing me cause I need a stronger rear to run at the tracks again
      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
      pics and info

Comment

Another board I visit, ls1tech/eastern had someone go to the same street night as you. He has an auto 98 with longtube's, y-pipe, catback, and a lid. He ran a best of 13.6 at 102mph
        here is his experience

Originally posted by jimmy169
        I was expecting a lot better as I'm sure everyone does their first time out. My car is an auto 98 with longtube's, y-pipe, catback, and a lid. I ran a best of 13.6 at 102mph

And my 2 worst time's.

The first run I ran 13.7 with a 2.1 60ft, and then a 13.8 with a 2.3 60 ft, then my third run I ran a 14.0, now by this time, I was so upset I was ready to throw in the towel, I went again and ran a 13.9, and then someone broke down which killed enough time for the sun to come down. Once the sun came down I ran my 13.645 and then a 13.614 and then they closed the track.

It was very hot yesterday, but the most frustrating thing was not being able to hear or see through my helmet if my tire's were spinning.
        So you did decent with the weather conditions. I'll have to meet up with you @ the track and run some time... If I can get a rear!
        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
        pics and info

Comment

Hah, I know Jimmy! He used to have a couple DSMs as well!!

We were in the lanes and he was telling me how his runs kept getting progressively worse as the night went on.. He felt better though when I said I couldn't do better than a 13.7!! hahahaa

Yeah, next drag day is October 19th if anyone's interested. Local DSM club rents LV for the day - it's $70 a person, and you pretty much get as many runs as you can handle..

If anyone wants in - shoot me a PM and I'll give you the details.
          99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Very cool. Glad you had fun.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
              I think the gears were fine. after you hook with stock power, you kinda tend to bog. the lower gears will pull you through the bog zone faster
              I dont know. I was able to hook not to bad and still get an alright time (2.17 60'). I know A lot has to do with my suspension mods. Thats why I know its working great. With DR's I dont plan to run low PSI that way I can Get them to spin just a little to not bog but still rip right out of the hole. I was At the Track last night and there was 4 guys with SS's and they all had lids and Exhaust and 2 had gears. The best they were able to do was a 8.80. They were all with the 17's and 275's out back. The funny thing is not one had relocation brackets or control arms or anything. So if I can pull an 8.7 (which is a 13.5 in the 1/4) I know Im off to a good start. Invest in suspension, knocked .29 off my 1/8 times. ha ha ha
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
              X