Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gauSSian
    indeed they are...Ken knows I jest.

I'd like to see an LS7 powered Solstice!
    Mallett Cars does an $86K conversion (price of vehicle not included) which drops a turbo-charged LS7 into the Solstice/Sky.

Here are the stats:

Turbocharged LS7 Package - $86,320.50

900HP Turbocharged LS7 Engine, 750HP @ Rear Wheels
    Mallett / Penske Non-Adjustable Shocks
    Big Brake Upgrade
    Mallett 1-pc Forged 5-Spoke Wheels, Powdercoated (specify color)
    Michelin PS II Tires P265/35/ZR19
    Custom Mallett Billett Bell Housing
    Upgraded Torque Converter and Flex Plate
    Dry Sump Oil System
    6-speed Tremec Transmission
    3.73 Differential
    Custom Built Drive Shaft
    Custom Built Half Shafts
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

for that kind of money, id rather have a z06 and keep the change!!!!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
        Agreed.

Although, if I already had a Z06 and money to burn... I guess it would be a pretty cool toy.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
          I dunno...... the look on the Z06 owner's face when the the little rocket goes whistling past would be priceless.

I'm one of those strange people that like to be different. Almost every day I see a Z06 on the road. Great car, but lacking in originality. You can go right into a dealership and order one. I guess all I can say is for that kind of dough, I would prefer something custom........ something that you won't see every day on your way to and from work.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            I dunno...... the look on the Z06 owner's face when the the little rocket goes whistling past would be priceless.

I'm one of those strange people that like to be different. Almost every day I see a Z06 on the road. Great car, but lacking in originality. You can go right into a dealership and order one. I guess all I can say is for that kind of dough, I would prefer something custom........ something that you won't see every day on your way to and from work.
            I agree...I'm down for a LS7 Solstice. Black on Black with black wheels and no shiny chrome stuff. Sinister...my gosh, I think I wet myself.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

These cars are all the rave here in NJ...seen dozens of GTP models.

I noticed something in the specs of these things. GM tuned them to run on 87 octane. This tells me with a simple computer reflash tuning it to 93 octane, there's at least 20 hp hiding in the engine.
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                These cars are all the rave here in NJ...seen dozens of GTP models.

I noticed something in the specs of these things. GM tuned them to run on 87 octane. This tells me with a simple computer reflash tuning it to 93 octane, there's at least 20 hp hiding in the engine.
                owners mannual says use high test but they can run on 87...but may develop knock..

exhaust going on tomorrow...k&n in... just those two and a pcm re learn will add some as well.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                X