whats the fastest u fuys have driven ur f bod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the fastest u fuys have driven ur f bod

whats the fastest u guys have driven ur f-body,last night I got mine to 150mph in 5th gear at 5k rpms,thats the fastest I have ever driven and probaly the last since it is very dangerous
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Only had mine up to 130mph.... of course that was through the traps in the 1/4-mile.

Only a complete moron would drive those speeds on public roads. Perhaps we have a candidate for the Darwin Award. Hopefully you won't take anyone else with you when you go.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I know it was very very stupid,before this I havent driven any of my cars past 115 mph,I was by my self,It was on the freeway at 3 in the mourning ,I wasnt thinking I was very anger and extremly worried because my girlfriend was not to be found very drunk with her friend nattily after a fight we were in,,I was vey mad,she made a huge scratch and threw a beer at my car as hard as she could and made a huge dent,So I was just driving very upset,My girlfriend is very physical abusive,
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

126 in 3rd gear, my 700r4 won't shift into OD at WOT. it was on a public road, and you can put me up for the darwin award if you'd like, that's your opinion. but just because somebody does a high speed blast down the highway when no traffic is around doesn't make him/her a dumbass.
        87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

I topped mine out on the highway about 7 years ago. Everytime I think about it I cringe. So young and stupid.
          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

now here are some darwin candidates

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KXZ7DbRrRxc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTc0q0TNLxY
            87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

93mph thru the traps at the track, trust me, drag racing at a track brings more adreline then high speeds on a road plus its legal
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

140mph on a very long 8 lane bridge, I still had more pedal when I ran out of bridge. Probably could have pushed at least another 10mph out of it if I hadn't run out of road, which happens very fast at 140. Yes I agree, this is very risky and stupid. But, I was the only one in the car, the bridge is about 10 miles long, there were no cars either behind me or in front of me as far as the eye could see on a very flat straight road where visibility is perfect. If anyone wants to nominate me for an award, so be it.
                Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

I was very suprised how my LT1 kept pulling hard after 100mph,Im a x ricer and have always driven honda's ,In my modded honda's after about 100mph they would pull very slow and it would take a while to go any faster then 100mph,My lt1 kept pulling hard even after 120,I think I could have even went faster the 150 by shifting to 6th gear but i didnt want to push my luck,Got to love V8's,but Know Im spoiled, when I drive a 4 bangers I cant stand not having that v8 power,The only thing that sux is the gas

Comment

course is gonna pull harder, u have double the cylinders and 3.5 times the displacement
                    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

132-133 when stock behind Flamin Bird coming from a gathering spot at a supermarket on the way to skyline... I think I wass the slower one of the 55 f-bodies there that day

sScary now that I have mods done,car will top out in the low 180's with my current mods (& 6800 rpm limit Havent gone past 90 with the current mods and don't plan to, on the roads that is) ... never plan on going that fast on the roads. At the Salt flats is a whole other ball game though I think the 150 class your allowed to go up to 160 mph . Saw a pic of a guy that blew a tire at those speeds. 1/4 of the car was gone, not mangled or warped or destroyed... GONE
                      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                      pics and info

Comment

Hit 72 on the way home last nite.What a thrill.
                        Blazer

Comment

For me it's not how fast it will go. It's how fast you can get there. No actually I am really enjoying the suspension stuff I have done.
                          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

150 in both the SS and the Z06...and let me tell ya, theres more than a little difference in how the two cars feel at that speed.
                            Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

143 on a stretch to Destin Florida...once. No cars except a turbo S2000, with many many miles of visablity down road. Very fast and never will I do it again, but I sure showed the S2000 how fast TAs can be...lets just say that S2000 didn't pass after that.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                              X