No announcement yet.

whats the fastest u fuys have driven ur f bod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 in my sixer when I first got it. Like DJ Taso said, so stupid. One thing you guys have done is turn me against street racing. I never did and probably never will.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

It's a go to jail free card guys, just not worth it.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

103 MPH through the traps.

I've buried the speedometer a couple of times. I hit over 100 MPH regularly on deserted backroads.

It amazes me how people claim to be going 140 MPH and STILL have pedal left. They must be driving cars with 1,200 horsepower or something...

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

Took it past 155, still had more to go, but I backed off. This was in 115 degree heat in the desert over here with new nitrogen filled tires. It takes too long to stop at those speeds. I won't do it again. Promise!

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

It amazes me how people claim to be going 140 MPH and STILL have pedal left. They must be driving cars with 1,200 horsepower or something...
            Believe it or not, I really don't care, just shows ignorance. Check the specs, the car is rated at a top end in excess of 160, yea 140 and pedal left. Quite a bit in fact. And no, it's stock. Your's must run like crap. And that's interesting, my speedometer goes to 155 if you had "buried it", just how fast were you going?
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
              Believe it or not, I really don't care, just shows ignorance. Check the specs, the car is rated at a top end in excess of 160, yea 140 and pedal left. Quite a bit in fact. And no, it's stock. Your's must run like crap. And that's interesting, my speedometer goes to 155 if you had "buried it", just how fast were you going?
              I know the LS1 fbodies with Z rated tires were computer limited from the factory to 162 mph.

I also know most bone stock LS1's put down enough rwhp to knock on that speed limit too.

Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

115 in my six cylinder firebird, could've probably gone faster but I started smelling engine coolant and wasnt sure if anything was going wrong so I backed out. anyone know about this? I did have my t-tops off so maybe thats why I could smell it?
                2002 Firebird W68

1994 Camaro Gone But Never Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                  I wasn't specifically trying to upset you.

It's hard to believe that anyone would have enough space to get up to 140 MPH and not even use full throttle unless they had massive amounts of power on tap. Actually, to in fact have quite a bit of pedal left and still achieve 140 MPH is nothing short of amazing.

I'm not sure how fast I was going. The speedometer was buried. I might have only been doing 145 MPH due to speedometer error. I won't be asking any law enforcement to give me an official speed. "Buried" suits me just fine.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

Originally posted by ToplessFormula
                    I wasn't specifically trying to upset you.

It's hard to believe that anyone would have enough space to get up to 140 MPH and not even use full throttle unless they had massive amounts of power on tap. Actually, to in fact have quite a bit of pedal left and still achieve 140 MPH is nothing short of amazing.
                    It takes much less throttle to preserve 140 mph than it does to accelerate past it. In fact, with plenty of room available you could probably cruise 140 at 2/3 throttle. It would take full throttle to get appreciable speed increase from that point onward.

Comment

Lol, actually I was pretty amazed too and the car had an opti that was on the way out at the time. God knows what it would do now; I'm not likely to find out since I don't make a habit of driving like that. But it really didn't take that long to get up to 140. Like I said the bridge is 10 miles long and I was half way across when I "hit it" noticing that there were no other cars on the bridge in either direction but me. I got up to 140 with enough time to be back down to a legal speed by the time I got to the end of the bridge. Plus I had just put on a new set of Z rated tires so I knew the chances of a blow out were slim.

And Joe's exactly right, about 2/3 throttle but I doubt I could have pushed much more than another 10mph out of it had I not run out of bridge. Someone who is much better with math than me posted up some figures on HP v Drag a few weeks ago. I think they calculated that drag would take over around 160mph. I'm sure some of that depends on body style, sorry TA guys, all those ground effects are a drag.
                      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

And here is a lesson of what not to do.

Back in my young days when mortality was not even pondered, I had a very worked over 79 T/A. It started it's life as a 301. Three motors and various cubic inch enlargements later, the car ended up with a nitroused .040 over 455 combined with a 2.43 rear. The car had enough power to eventually tweak the subframe. It was a torque monster with really tall gears. I drove it that way for a few months before I was able to swap the rear gears for a more drag race emphasis rather than a top end blaster.

I took the car out one day on a deserted highway and saw and indicated 158........ the only kicker was that the speedometer was off 10% due to tire height. That meant a theoretical 175. The car didn't take that long to get there, I was already going probably 80 and hit it. As soon as I saw close to topping out on the 160mph speedometer, I brought it down fairly quickly. It was at that time I first realized how stupid I really was. That was over 25 years ago, I've never done it since. I still look back of how stupid I really was. The big thing is that I learned from my mistakes.

I've been 140 on the Sebring racetrack in my Corvettes, not enough oomph to get it past that on the long straight. The track is the only place to do that, at least if something happens the only thing on the side of the track is a guardrail or grass. Not to mention that paramedics are standing by.

Comment

I know it was triple digits, but not sure on the exact number. And, after feeling the way the car gets at that high of a speed and thinking about how many things could have gone very very wrong, I think I'll pass. I prefer the sound of the headers over the sound of sirens any day.
                          Steve
                          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

125 mph on the main straight at Lime Rock Park (road course in CT). They have a few open days suring the year. Went up with my brother and cousin (both have Vettes), plus my uncle in his '72 Duster 340. His car, obviously, didn't handle the road course as well, but he turned many heads as the car is completely restored in black with factory white hockey stick stripes.

We went in the fall of 2005. It was cool, but sunny. What an adreniline rush.

Here's a map of the track...

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I bought my car used at a dealership outside of Fort Worth. Wasn't planned, I was in town to attend a friend of my sister's wedding, came across a deal I couldn't pass up and ended up going home with a new (to me) car!

On the drive home I couldn't resist opening her up. I was on a 2 lane divided hwy. about 11:00 pm. I had just topped a long gradual hill at least a mile long and could see down the other side of it. No other cars behind or in front of me and nothing but open fields on either side.

I was in 6th and didn't even bother to downshift, just put it to the floor. I hit just over 130 as I found the bottom of that hill then backed off.

Wasn't the smartest thing to do but at the time it just had to be done...

I had my old '79 Formula 403 up around 120 (approx. speedo was off the scale) when I was a teenager but it scared me a little. I had a death grip on the wheel and that speed she was drifting all over the road.
                              My DD
                              2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by MunsonGTA
                                126 in 3rd gear, my 700r4 won't shift into OD at WOT. it was on a public road, and you can put me up for the darwin award if you'd like, that's your opinion. but just because somebody does a high speed blast down the highway when no traffic is around doesn't make him/her a dumbass.
                                Sure it does.... you may ASSume there is no traffic around. A young woman was killed in our area recently when she backed out of her driveway and was hit broadside by a car travelling in excess of 110 MPH. The speeding driver is facing a long prison term.

If you want to kill yourself, no big loss. If you take someone else with you, you deserve to rot in hell. JMHO.
                                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                                X