Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86FireBird

could have been worse
    This car Has full rollcage the driver didn't even get hurt in this unlike nick passenger
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
      This car Has full rollcage the driver didn't even get hurt in this unlike nick passenger
      Also Farrari's are designed to have the engine break away at high speed crash just like a dragster or F1. They are extremely well designed to handle the possibility of a high speed crash. The frame are all made I think of Magnesium (typo?). If I was going to crash I would rather be in a Super car rather than a Supra any day. And true that guy walked away.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

ferrari's have full rollcages?
        87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Originally posted by MunsonGTA
          ferrari's have full rollcages?
          More like the passenger compartment contains features of a roll cage designed into the structure.

Comment

what a jerk. i dont like the spoilded brat on the show either. racing a viper........chit.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              More like the passenger compartment contains features of a roll cage designed into the structure.
              that's what i thought, i've seen interior shots of many different ferraris and had never seen one with an actual tubular cage in it.

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                Also Farrari's are designed to have the engine break away at high speed crash just like a dragster or F1. They are extremely well designed to handle the possibility of a high speed crash. The frame are all made I think of Magnesium (typo?). If I was going to crash I would rather be in a Super car rather than a Supra any day. And true that guy walked away.
                the new corvette has a magnesium frame also.

Comment

I think Lance Briggs is real fortunate, also.
                  Mike, So. MD, USA
                  1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Originally posted by MDMike
                    I think Lance Briggs is real fortunate, also.
                    He was drunk. He didn't want to get slapped with a DUI, so he fled the scene. Another overpaid, undeserving moron.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Likely. And clever; dude has $$$ for fines and towing. Unlike moi...

How ya liking that Acura?
                      Mike, So. MD, USA
                      1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Originally posted by MDMike
                        Likely. And clever; dude has $$$ for fines and towing. Unlike moi...

How ya liking that Acura?
                        Loving it. Best overall vehicle I've ever owned. It's put togethjer tight as a pillbox, and has fantastic performance for a four door family car. The amount of toys that come for the price is also amazing.

I never thought I would even consider buying an Acura until I test drove one because I was for my cousin at a dealership and he was going to be late.
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

Comment

I've had 4 Honda bikes since '75 and they were all well built and quick. Performance First, indeed.
                          Bought my Camaro after I missed on a '99 CL. Still glad I got the Catfish, but ever since I saw Senna at the USGP '91 in Pheonix, I have admired Acura.
                          Mike, So. MD, USA

Comment

latest news is that Bollea was traveling 100 mph and was not given a ticket...... only a warning. I guess dad pulled some strings.

Comment

If they didn't actually get a radar reading on him wouldn't they have a hard time getting a speeding ticket to stick?

Seems like they could ticket him for SOMETHING though...
                              My DD
                              2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
                                If they didn't actually get a radar reading on him wouldn't they have a hard time getting a speeding ticket to stick?

Seems like they could ticket him for SOMETHING though...
                                Not in most states. They measure skidmarks, and can even nail you based on the severity of a wreck (his Supra was obviously not going the speed limit). A radar reading is only needed in non-accident related speeding charges, where there isn't any visual evidence of excessive speed.
                                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                                17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                                X