No announcement yet.

Gibbs going Toyota in 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've actually enjoyed watching GT racing as of late (formerly known as IMSA). I catch in whenever possible on Speed Channel. The cars are the real bodies/chassis of their road going counterparts, and the racing is very exciting.

My brother went to Limerock Park in upstate CT last month for a race. He was able wander the pit area (as all ticket buyers are). He got some great pics of the C6 Vettes, and some even better audio. He took a bunch of pics of the Acura race team for me as well.

Joe, you are lucky living steps away from Sebring. Must be great to just kick back in your backyard and listen to the sweet sounds of 10,000 rpms.

Nascar lost me a while ago. I just can't watch it anymore.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686

Joe, you are lucky living steps away from Sebring. Must be great to just kick back in your backyard and listen to the sweet sounds of 10,000 rpms.

I gotta tell you, it's a blast. Most days you can hear something out there. Each type of engine has a distictive sound, it sure seems like everybody and his brother's race team uses this track at some point or another. I go over there frequently, right up to the fence and watch Formula One, Nascar, etc doing test and tunes.

I can see stuff from my garage, but going over there and watching from 20 feet away is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
        Can't really blame Gibbs at all. As a driver, and managing one's business affairs, your always looking for whom pays the most. In this case, Toyota put out the most $. It has nothing to do with brand loyalty whatsoever. Smart financial sense on Gibbs parts. If anything it shows he's an American, following the road to prosperity and the American dream.
        i don't think it's really who pays the most, it's the fact that his team will be the top team for toyota. when they were with GM, they had to compete with hendricks, evernham, DEI, etc etc to be the top team and get the most bonus'. now that they'll be with toyota, they'll have top rights to everything and anything that toyota has to offer.
        87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Originally posted by MDMike
          +2
          As for Gibbs, dont sweat the Toyota gig. Look wot he has done to the Redskins...
          Well, the 'Skins looked tough last night, so I retract.
          Mike, So. MD, USA
          1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Working...
          X