Project Blue Angel hits the paint booth Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Blue Angel hits the paint booth Monday

The new SS hood is on, she's going in on Monday for all the paintwork. The SS rear spoiler will be painted as well. Since it's a bolt on item, I'll install that once I get the car back from the shop. It's going to be 94 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic to match the rest of the car which is just fine. Only the front clip and rear spoiler need be done. Zaino will be just to go on.

Gives me the grins just thinking about how nice that Zaino covered metallic blue with polished ZR-1s is gonna look.

And no........ It's not an SS so there won't be no stinkin' SS badges on it either.

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

That sounds awesome! Make sure you show some b4 and after pics. fwiw, you probably already know this but many do not. Wait a couple weeks to a month before you apply Zaino to fresh paint. It takes that long before all of the solvents are out of the paint. Zaino would seal them in and possibly cause problems. Such as delamination, shrinkage or it could even mess with the metallics.
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

Pictures?

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

PICS!!!

We demand pics!
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Here is a pic just after the SS hood install. I removed the grills, etc and off she went.

[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to see the result.

Comment

Nice job Joe! When is she done?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Is it ready yet?

I'm getting my new SS spoiler painted soon as well. I Can't wait!
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

to do it right, they wanted the car for the week. The hood is getting a complete job, that means the underside too. The SS rear spoiler isn't on the car so it's finish will be perfecto as well. It should match well, the rest of the car isn't bad. There are a few dings I wish I could take out, but this is being done with a budget in mind.

Can't wait.

Comment

You could always look into paintless dent removal for the small dings. Usually, you can still see the spot if you know where it is and you look for it but it does make it less noticable. The problem is finding the right guy to do it.
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  <Motor out

Comment

Just picked up the car, it looks awesome. The job they did was flawless. I'll take pictures after I install the trim and SS spoiler.

It feels good to get projects going again. I've been dormant far too long.

Comment

Sweet! Can't wait to see her...
                      Greg W. in West Michigan
                      <Motor out

Comment

We're ......

Pics or BAN
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:

Comment

Ok, Ok..... I'll take pics tonight.

The batteries in my camera were dead. The love bugs are out in full swing and I didn't drive it today. I can't find my cable for the camera, the grills aren't installed, the spoiler isn't on yet................

It's looking so sweet too. The way the paint glows along side the polished ZR-1s. Can't wait to install the SS rear spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            Ok, Ok..... I'll take pics tonight.

The batteries in my camera were dead. The love bugs are out in full swing and I didn't drive it today. I can't find my cable for the camera, the grills aren't installed, the spoiler isn't on yet................

It's looking so sweet too. The way the paint glows along side the polished ZR-1s. Can't wait to install the SS rear spoiler.
                            MY spoiler is on now... and I even posted a picture!! No more excuses, PICTURES!
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:

Comment

Finally got a break in the weather. The paint match was perfect, the spoiler is installed, it's looking sweet.

Here ya go.............

Now for some Zaino and a few other custom touches.

Comment

Working...
                              X