• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe 1320
    Yo Bob! What's wrong with the T-type?
    Hi Joe-
    No way!

My Avatar on the Solstice site is almost the same as yours (check out my screen name ) so I won't load mine on this forum...you were here first!

Comment

Originally posted by WWI Flying Ace
      Hi Joe-
      No way!

My Avatar on the Solstice site is almost the same as yours (check out my screen name ) so I won't load mine on this forum...you were here first!
      I can be persuaded to change mine.

Comment

Name your price...Ultimate power? Fame? Fortune?

Just kidding!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Yo Bob! What's wrong with the T-type?
          this is Joe:
          Originally posted by unstable bob gable
          Check it, and tell me what ya think...
          I have an 87 Buick T-Type that has been sitting for a couple of years, and little by litle I've tried to fix the problems that pop up. Well, Big Jon and I got it running again after it had been sitting, and I pretty much knew that the full tank of gas it had was going to be bad. Sure enough, the fuel pump took a dump, so I dropped the tank to get the pump out. Turns out it has a "double pump" set up, where one pump is used all the time, and another pump is actualted under boost. I found out the originator of this pump set up, and I gave him a call. He basically told me to send the set up to him [he is in Ohio], and he would check it out for free. He said he would call me after he checked it out. Well, I sent the pumps in, and I didn't hear from him after a decent amount of time. So, I called him up. He told me he hadn't looked at the pumps yet, but would call me after he did. Yeah, right. Well, a pretty long stretch of time goes by. I didn't hear from him, and It had slipped my mind to call him. So, over a 2 week period I tried calling him many times, w/o getting an answer. He is an old school, one man operation, so there are no emails, websites, or even a friggin' answering machine. I kinda get the idea he works when he feels like it. Anyway, I'm bugging out, because I can't get a hold of him. So, I write him a letter, asking him to call me ASAP. Well, a week goes by, and I don't hear anything. I call him again, and finally get him. He friggin' admits to getting the letter, and told me he had put the pumps aside and "forgot" about them. Friggin' great. So, he tells me he can put 2 new pumps in, and it will be X amount of dollars. He told me he would put the set up together over Labor Day weekend, and get 'em out to me. Since I have him on the line I ask him if he accepts credit cards, and he says "Yes." So, I pay him, reaffirm that the pumps will be in the mail after Labor Day, and get on with life. Well, Labor day was almost 2 weekends ago, and I still haven't seen/heard anything. I tried calling him 3 or 4 times today, and he didn't answer the phone. Welp, needless to say...I'M PISSED! The guy has my pumps AND my money, and I don't know what the fook to do. I'm temped to see if I can get ahold of the cops in his town to see if they can do anything, but I dunno...I feel so friggin' screwed! :evil:
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

If that really is the deal, I can help.

Comment

Working...
            X