Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 3

whose waitin in line tonight for halo 3,
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

I have very strong opinions against video games, so no.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Nope.

Waiting to laugh all the halo fanboys when they start b*tching and moaning about the game and how it doesn't live up to the hype and the online servers crashed so I couldn't play and get my share of MS points etc etc etc.

/Still very happy with my PS2

TraceZ,

Interested in your "strong opinions against video games".
      Care to elaborate?
      My DD
      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
        TraceZ,

Interested in your "strong opinions against video games".
        Care to elaborate?
        I've seen too many friends devote too much time to multi player online games like WOW. It's a sickness, it's all they do. Get home from work and play WOW. They devote hours to it every day. I had one friend I was in Miami with who sat in a dark hotel room playing WOW when the rest of us cruised Southbeach in a new Mustang Vert. I have a cousin who does little other than go to work and play WOW. That is his life.

I think it is sad. I think these people need help. An escape from reality can be healthy, but these folks are losing track of reality and one day they will have deep regrets when they realize they've wasted their youth and have nothing to show for it.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
          I've seen too many friends devote too much time to multi player online games like WOW. It's a sickness, it's all they do. Get home from work and play WOW. They devote hours to it every day. I had one friend I was in Miami with who sat in a dark hotel room playing WOW when the rest of us cruised Southbeach in a new Mustang Vert. I have a cousin who does little other than go to work and play WOW. That is his life.

I think it is sad. I think these people need help. An escape from reality can be healthy, but these folks are losing track of reality and one day they will have deep regrets when they realize they've wasted their youth and have nothing to show for it.
          Whatever happend to playing sports huh? Or even getting some air...my little brother was a Halo guy and I got him out of it.

But for the guys who play in moderation...Halo 3 should be fun and surpass the past two. I played both and found it quite immersive. Though, I can't remember when the last time I played video games. Oh yeah, Gituar Hero a few weeks ago. I'm not a gaming kind of guy...but all to their own.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

been hampered with work and personal projects to do much gaming. my cuzin eric is already at the mall wiaitn to pikc up his two copies he reserved i have a xbox with the frist halo and if i get a chance i play it. only games i play are Conflict: Desert Storm series, Halo, PGR series, and couple other racing sim games.
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I'll eventually buy Halo3 as I like games, and it's got a cool single player story, but there's no way I'd ever pre-order or wait in line for a game, or a game system for that matter.

Even though I like games, I can't play them for more than 1-2 hours per day at the most, often skipping days. Maybe I'm hyper-active, but no matter how fun a game is, I can't help but feel that all I'm doing is just sitting on my butt in front of the TV.

I don't watch TV or that many movies, so the games are basically my form of entertainment. There have been some real good ones lately that have great plots and are pretty immersive, almost like partaking in a movie instead of just watching one, which is really cool. I started playing video games in 1977, and I only dreamed there'd be a day with games this good.

Sadly, I do know people who just spend all their free time sitting in front of their computer or TV playing multi-player games. We have a neighbor who always trys to push watching his son on us so he can stay indoors and play some multiplayer computer games. I think that guy's addicted, but I can at least tell by his large wasteline that he's taking some time to eat, and obviously to excersize.

Comment

SO TRUE! I got a buddy that canceled our fishing trip because "he had a clan getting together to beat a level that night" and I thought he was kidding but he wasn't! My roommate also plays WOW ridiculously.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Ill just spend my money on my car
                  1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Well i cant wait for halo 3,I dont play video games much because I work 9-5,and workout out at the pit 2 hrs a night,then most of my weekend is devoted to my GF,but I love video games and Im very good at them without out practicing,I have won much$$$$$$$$$$$$$$from my friends at madden halo fight night and other games,might be a little nerdish but alot of times when my friends come over we play my Xbox360 place bets and get drunk,Dont play online but i probaly will after my gamescore gets to 5000,its at 4000,hate all u want,I have my orginal nintendo,super nintendo,nintendo 64,sega,sega dreamcast,x box,and xbox 360,and yes I will be in line tonight for halo 3,and Ive had it reserved for a year lol,well ill be in line if its not that long later dudes
                    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

We have a friend who pays to go LARP'ing (Live Action role Playing). Just to give you a taste of what we're up against, look at this-

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=2

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=6

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77335853049658

Now, this kid called up one of our friends the first night he was up there to tell him how afraid he was, because he hadn't made any allies in the wizard's guild yet, so there was no one to lock the door to his cabin. He was afraid bandits were going to break in. He also told us that there's an 80- something year old woman there who's been playing since the early 80's and that her magic is so powerful that no one can go near her. Now, this is a pretty average guy. Works a typical 9-5 job, hangs out in bars after work, but goes to these things as often as possible to pretend he's a friggin elf or something. Not only does he play WoW, he pays money to go to camps and pretend that he's part of a world like WoW. He told me that he was very excited, because the blacksmith was going to make him a new sword and teach him how to use it. He exchanges real money for fake currency. It's terrifying.

He's not hurting anyone or anything. I personally think it's a waste of time and money, but he seems to create a lot of good memories though, so I don't really know what to make of it all.
                      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                      SOLD- Kinda miss it
                      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                      SOLD- Good riddance!
                      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                        He's not hurting anyone or anything. I personally think it's a waste of time and money, but he seems to create a lot of good memories though, so I don't really know what to make of it all.
                        At least he is getting off his rearend and doing something physically active that he enjoys as a hobby. I've known folks in the past that get into that type of stuff. If is very social and they make a lot of memories doing it. They take pictures, cook, etc.
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                          But for the guys who play in moderation...Halo 3 should be fun and surpass the past two.
                          But how is it any fun to play in moderation when your competition is making a career out of it? They will always have huge advantages, be better at the game and have more weapons / power.
                          Tracy
                          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                          Current Mods:

Comment

But how is it any fun to play in moderation when your competition is making a career out of it? They will always have huge advantages, be better at the game and have more weapons / power.
                            Well, I feel the ones who make online gaming their lives, needs one. Playing video games is suppose to be fun...not a way of life. You live to play video games and play to live.

Personally, I could care less...that's why I just play one on one with my brother...not to be competitive, but to bond. I suck, but the fun part is trying.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

What you say is true for online multiplayer games, but there are other types of video games out there. I only play racing sims and first person shooters that are set up for the casual single player. I play 3 or so times a week at night for about an hour, its a good way to un-wind and relax.
                              1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
                              1995 Silverado-beater truck
                              2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

Working...
                              X