Halo 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightrage
    We have a friend who pays to go LARP'ing (Live Action role Playing). Just to give you a taste of what we're up against, look at this-

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=2

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=6

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77335853049658

Now, this kid called up one of our friends the first night he was up there to tell him how afraid he was, because he hadn't made any allies in the wizard's guild yet, so there was no one to lock the door to his cabin. He was afraid bandits were going to break in. He also told us that there's an 80- something year old woman there who's been playing since the early 80's and that her magic is so powerful that no one can go near her. Now, this is a pretty average guy. Works a typical 9-5 job, hangs out in bars after work, but goes to these things as often as possible to pretend he's a friggin elf or something. Not only does he play WoW, he pays money to go to camps and pretend that he's part of a world like WoW. He told me that he was very excited, because the blacksmith was going to make him a new sword and teach him how to use it. He exchanges real money for fake currency. It's terrifying.

He's not hurting anyone or anything. I personally think it's a waste of time and money, but he seems to create a lot of good memories though, so I don't really know what to make of it all.
    That has to be the nerdiest thing I have ever seen,I got halo last night at 12:10,at gamestop there was over 500 people But no one noticed wallmart was open,so I went there and there was only 20 people in front of me,played the game till 330 am and went to work at 8:00am so u can say Im very tired , Cant go to juijitzu tonight ,Im to tired so Im kinda mad at myself for staying up so late,but the games great,graphics are the best,by far the best shooter Ive played,since gears of war
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Games like WOW are prone to addiction. It doesn't mean one can get addicted to playing something on the 360.

I play in moderation. Games like Madden, PGR (racing), and Call of Duty. I play a few times a week for an hour or two at night, just to unwind. I have friends over, and we play for fun/money. It's a great time, but in no way am I addicted to gaming.

Some people just have addictive personalities.

With that said, I got Halo, but I had it shipped on Tuesday.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
        Games like WOW are prone to addiction. It doesn't mean one can get addicted to playing something on the 360.

I play in moderation. Games like Madden, PGR (racing), and Call of Duty. I play a few times a week for an hour or two at night, just to unwind. I have friends over, and we play for fun/money. It's a great time, but in no way am I addicted to gaming.

Some people just have addictive personalities.

With that said, I got Halo, but I had it shipped on Tuesday.
        What do u think about the game ?????????????????
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
          What do u think about the game ?????????????????
          I only played it for a few minutes before my DLP TV blew it's lamp ($200 later... Doh!).

From what I saw, it was awesome. Looks like it will be fun, especially over Xbox Live.

I got my new lamp delivered today direct from Mitsubishi, so I'll give it another go after I install it tonight.
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

Comment

I love gaming, mainly first person shooters these days. I like to play for an hour or so after work just to unwind. My game right now is America's Army. It's made by the actual army and is a free download, and is a very realistic first person shooter. It's a hobby for me. I'm not addicted, I don't need to play for hours on end. That's not to say that I can't play for multiple hours, cause I have been known to. LOL I think that WOW game is just known for being that addicting though. People get waaaay too much into it. It seems to become their way of socializing. I think games can be a good, fun past time if kept in moderation. And I have been playing AA long enough (5 years) (They have regular updates ) to where I can hold my own against most of the players out there. It's just fun to hop on for an hour or so and get a few kills before making dinner or cleaning the apartment. It's better than just watching the boob-tube, I mean..at least you have to think and use eye-hand coordination to play a game. Halo 3 looks great, I just can't afford a 360, and don't really play my PS2 or X-box enough right now.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I only played it for a few minutes before my DLP TV blew it's lamp ($200 later... Doh!).

From what I saw, it was awesome. Looks like it will be fun, especially over Xbox Live.

I got my new lamp delivered today direct from Mitsubishi, so I'll give it another go after I install it tonight.
              tell me what u think,I find the game alot harder and alot more action packed then the previous halo's,there's never a break there's always someone shooting at you,And the brutes are everwhere and very hard to kill, the graphics are good,Im trying to decide what I like more halo 3 or gears of war

Comment

tell me what u think,I find the game alot harder and alot more action packed then the previous halo's,there's never a break there's always someone shooting at you,And the brutes are everwhere and very hard to kill, the graphics are good,Im trying to decide what I like more halo 3 or gears of war
                I decided to tear the TV apart last night (a $3K 62" DLP). The mirros were filthy, as was the projector lens. It was pretty scary taking the screen off and removing plugs and wires, but well worth the effort. Tweeter, where I bought the TV two years ago, wanted to charge me $250 for a cleaning. It wasn't too tough doing it myself, and I saved some money.

With that said, what a huge difference. My Xbox never looked so good. I played a game of Madden first, then threw in Halo 3.

My take - The graphics... Awesome. No other word to describe them. An easy 10 out of 10. The level of detail is amazing.

Gameplay is a solid 9 out of 10. However, I rank most first-person shooters no higher than a 9/10. To me, I've always liked third person views better. Small gripe though. Very small.

I rank this a close second to the original Halo. Gears of War is definitely behind Halo for me. I am more impressed with Rainbow Six: Vegas.
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

Comment

I rank this a close second to the original Halo. Gears of War is definitely behind Halo for me. I am more impressed with Rainbow Six: Vegas.
                  If your into first person shoots you should definetly try out Bioshock, ite the best shooter I have ever played. I cant compare it to Halo 3 because I havent played it yet, but Bioshock is way better than Gears of War to me.
                  1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
                  1995 Silverado-beater truck
                  2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
                    If your into first person shoots you should definetly try out Bioshock, ite the best shooter I have ever played. I cant compare it to Halo 3 because I havent played it yet, but Bioshock is way better than Gears of War to me.
                    I heard it was a lot of fun. I'm not really a first person shooter fan, but if the game is superb, I can get into it (Halo, GoW).

Otherwise, it's usually just sports, racing, and military games for me. All games that don't require a tremendous amount of time to play in one sitting.
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

Comment

I decided to tear the TV apart last night (a $3K 62" DLP). The mirros were filthy, as was the projector lens. It was pretty scary taking the screen off and removing plugs and wires, but well worth the effort. Tweeter, where I bought the TV two years ago, wanted to charge me $250 for a cleaning. It wasn't too tough doing it myself, and I saved some money.
                      Cool...I don't have a DLP television, but I want to know how you did that? Compressed air? Windex? LOL! I didn't know you could do such a thing.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
                        bioshock is next game ill pick up looks interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                          Cool...I don't have a DLP television, but I want to know how you did that? Compressed air? Windex? LOL! I didn't know you could do such a thing.
                          I started a new thread about the cleaning process so I wouldn't hijack Holmes' Halo thread.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20521

Regarding Halo and the 360, if anyone has an Xbox Live account, throw up your gamer tag and I'll add you to my list. I should be back up and running on Live in a week or so (need a new router). I'd love to play some Halo, Madden, or whatever.

My Live gamer tag is Steel8626.
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

Comment

bioshock is next game ill pick up looks interesting
                            You wont be disappointed. Its very fun and looks amazing in 1080 i.
                            1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
                            1995 Silverado-beater truck
                            2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

I started a new thread about the cleaning process so I wouldn't hijack Holmes' Halo thread.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20521

Regarding Halo and the 360, if anyone has an Xbox Live account, throw up your gamer tag and I'll add you to my list. I should be back up and running on Live in a week or so (need a new router). I'd love to play some Halo, Madden, or whatever.

My Live gamer tag is Steel8626.
                              I will in a couple weeks to be honest Ive never played online,how much does it cost,I still have 3 months free from when I got my xbox360 last Xmas

Comment

I will in a couple weeks to be honest Ive never played online,how much does it cost,I still have 3 months free from when I got my xbox360 last Xmas
                                Just $50 a year. Well worth it in my opinion. I get to play my cousin and BS with him where I wouldn't normally be able to do that. He lives in Florida.

It's a cool thing to have. Some games were just made for Live. The PGR series rocks over Live. Racing against other people like that is better than the same old computer A.I.
                                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                                17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                                X