X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight those tickets guys....

I got my second dismissal in 4 months.

Take the tickets as far as you can.

My latest was reckless driving back in July. This was my 3rd or 4th court date for this offense. I was there for about 3 hours each time, 4 hours today, from 8 am til 11:45am.

Took it to bench trial. Cop was sent a subpoena but did not show.

I did a wheelie and got busted. I denied to the prosecutor and the officer wasn't there this time to give a story. I got the prosecutor to check the dismissal box.

I walked out of a $1000 fine and 6 points without paying nothing more than my time.

Last ticket was for 5 over and rolling a stop sign. I did the same thing and that was dismissed as well.

Don't go down easy, guys. Fight them 'til the end, and cost them as much time and money as you can before taking their ridiculous punishments on the chin.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

I did a wheelie and got busted 1 time. Mine was in a car though by a cop on a bike. I said if you can ride on 2 wheels why can't I. He thought that was so funny he let me go.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Thank God I 'am a good boy.
      Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
        snip....

I did a wheelie and got busted. snip......
        Or you could just ride sane and avoid endangering yourself or anyone and save your time in the process.

Just a thought.........

Comment

Originally posted by JUICEDSS
          Or you could just ride sane and avoid endangering yourself or anyone and save your time in the process.

Just a thought.........
          I have to second this thought, without sounding too much like an old geezer- there is a time and a place, and, if you are "showing off" in front of people you probably get what you deserve. There is nothing wrong with a little blast of speed, if it is done away from where you are endangering innocent bystanders- Something like that can be fun, but it doesn't belong on a crowded highway, and, if you get spanked, you probably deserve it for being stupid-

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth-
          2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
          "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by JUICEDSS

Just a thought.........
            I do 99% of the time. Don't pretend you know the circumstances that I do these in. There are never cars around. I've seen people's bikes go into the sides of peoples cars and kill them, that isn't something I'm willing to risk.

When I do these it's either at our stunt spot or on a 4 lane road with no traffic, and I won't even do that anymore.

The "wheelie" I did should have been careless at worst.

Cops just have no mercy on these bikes because of all the accidents people have. I'm not boasting but I'm pretty good. We have a stunt spot in Detroit that we don't get messed with at, sometimes cops come to watch and BS with us. Sometimes I don't feel like taking the 30 minute freeway ride to detroit.

So I went to brownstown, where I was given a careless ticket 2 weeks ago behind an industrial truck docking station (kinda nice city tho). No cars or anything around. A few truck trailers were there, but they were so high up the bike wouldn't touch them unless it jumped a few feet. I told the cop I don't do this on the street, I wouldn't do this kind of thing where it would endanger anyone.

He said "It's for YOUR safety." and gave me careless driving. It was total BS. esp since there were 3 stunters there and I'm the only one that got a ticket because the others drove off, and I plan to try getting this one reduced. I thought he would at least respect the fact that I was doing this somewhere that nobody could be hurt and nothing could get damaged, and at least give me a warning.

Nice to see he cares so much about my safety that I get to pay more for insurance thanks to the 3 points that come with my ticket
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

Concur.
              We are costing ourselves court funds be dragging out cases. They have better things to do, at least in Jena....
              Yet, if I'd gotten a reckless driving, I'd contest it over a wheelie, and my future insurance rates, so it is hard to blame you.
              If that is your kid on the bike, remember he will need a Daddy. And trust me, they notice everything you do! My $.02...
              Mike, So. MD, USA
              1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
                There is nothing wrong with a little blast of speed, if it is done away from where you are endangering innocent bystanders-

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth-
                So there is nothing wrong with a "blast of speed" as long as nobody is around, but doing a 35 mph on one wheel for a few seconds is cause for concern?

Both are dangerous, both can cause big accidents if people are around, and NEITHER is ok. You don't sound like an old geezer, but you sound kinda silly, willy.

Speeding on a motorcycle is what causes 99% of the accidents these kids get on.

Daddy buys 18 year old son a bike, he zips around showing everybody how sloppy he can make a fine tuned machine look, next thing you know he tries taking a turn like he's on a race course, loses control and is dead.

I would rather see a guy do a balance point wheelie at 40 mph next to my car than have the dumbass that's weaving in and outta traffic at 70+. It's far more dangerous.

I was riding yesterday with a good friend, and he was doing wheelies down every road we went on. Side streets, outer drive, ford road, etc... He did a couple down each one.

When we got to the restaurant I said "I hope that you don't learn that's a bad idea the hard way." I dont wanna see him get pulled over, i don't wanna see him get into an accident. He's pretty ignorant lately, which is weird because he's usually responsible.

He wanted to justify what he was doing, and all I could say was "You'll learn. One way or another."

Comment

Originally posted by MDMike
                  Concur.
                  We are costing ourselves court funds be dragging out cases. They have better things to do, at least in Jena....
                  Yet, if I'd gotten a reckless driving, I'd contest it over a wheelie, and my future insurance rates, so it is hard to blame you.
                  If that is your kid on the bike, remember he will need a Daddy. And trust me, they notice everything you do! My $.02...
                  That's my cousin

I have put the bike up for sale. It's getting to be too much. The latest careless driving ticket I got put me over the edge. I'm taking my hobby somewhere safe and they still want to bug me. If I can't stunt my bike, I don't want it, because I really don't have fun on it just commuting with it.

Or maybe I just need to stay outta downriver cities...

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                    That's my cousin

I have put the bike up for sale. It's getting to be too much. The latest careless driving ticket I got put me over the edge. I'm taking my hobby somewhere safe and they still want to bug me. If I can't stunt my bike, I don't want it, because I really don't have fun on it just commuting with it.

Or maybe I just need to stay outta downriver cities...
                    How about buying a dirt bike (if you have a place to ride it)?

You sound like a good rider. You'd probably have a ton of fun on it, especially on trails.
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I got a speeding ticket the other day for going 79 in a 60. I really didn't notice I was going that fast till I saw the Highway Patrol cruiser on the side of the road. The officer was nice, and so was I. I got the ticket....aaaand....paid it. I wasn't going to lie and say I wasn't speeding. I was. I made a mistake and I, litterally, paid for it. Don't get me wrong, I usually drive at 10 over on the highway, most people do on this particular highway. (It's known as the autobahn of Dallas) But if I get pinched for it, I man up and pay it. What ever happened to being responsible for one's actions? Sorry, just my $0.02

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                        I got a speeding ticket the other day for going 79 in a 60. I really didn't notice I was going that fast till I saw the Highway Patrol cruiser on the side of the road. The officer was nice, and so was I. I got the ticket....aaaand....paid it. I wasn't going to lie and say I wasn't speeding. I was. I made a mistake and I, litterally, paid for it. Don't get me wrong, I usually drive at 10 over on the highway, most people do on this particular highway. (It's known as the autobahn of Dallas) But if I get pinched for it, I man up and pay it. What ever happened to being responsible for one's actions? Sorry, just my $0.02
                        Now that you mention it, I wish I would have been responsible, man'd up, paid my 4 figure ticket, and taken the 6 points.

Now I feel bad...

Comment

I sense a little bit of sarcasm there. LOL But seriously, man. If ya can't do the time, don't do the crime. Or something like that. I'm never good with cliches.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

whatever i do i would always try and get out of it one way or another..
                            93 t/a A4 3.23s
                            95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                            99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                            99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                            97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                            93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                            00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
                              whatever i do i would always try and get out of it one way or another..
                              That shouldn't be too tough for you. I bet that T/A will outrun whatever the Bobby's are driving over there.
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X