No announcement yet.

national guard info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The military is a huge commitment. If you're not happy at your typical job, drop your two weeks notice and move on. With the military, you're not going anywhere until your time is up. You can't just leave. The military isn't a bad choice if it's what you want to do. They provide housing and food for you, but you're locked into that job. I hear a lot of people say they loved their time in the military and miss serving a lot, but I also see people like my step brother who got out of the Marine Corps and had no idea what to do with himself after serving, so he went back in and served for another 2 years. After that, he had no clue what to do with himself again. Same with his ex wife. Also, my friend James and his buddy joined the army after being promised that they'd be given jobs which would prevent them from being shipped off to war. They're in Iraq now. REALLY think this through.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
      Suffolk County here on Long Island. I believe they're the highest paid police force in the country. Hence why 30,000 people took the test to join the force.

http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/police/recruitment.htm
      Most PDs want a crim justice degree or Mil Police experience anymore, esp for the choice jobs.

Burned-out teachers litter the cubes of working America...
      Mike, So. MD, USA
      1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Don't join because you need a job. If that's the case, open the paper or go to monster.com.

Join because you want to, not because you have to.
        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
        X