HAHA Do people actually buy these?...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raroZ28
    Judging from his sig, I'd say Tracy is a little more concerned with performance, not gas mileage. He said "He's got it modded up for fuel economy."

I don't think people mod camaro's for fuel economy.
    Hey....Speak for yourself!

I was going to swap my LT1 for a 4-cylinder for better fuel economy....

If I do, I'll have to get the "Type-R" badging for it too!!! J/K
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

All jokes aside................ does it work????????????? and if I put his bumper sticker on my truck will it give me another 30hp?????????? no really.... im serious.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
      2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
        All jokes aside................ does it work????????????? and if I put his bumper sticker on my truck will it give me another 30hp?????????? no really.... im serious.
        Because of strict new emission laws, bumper stickers have lost some effectiveness and are only good for 20 HP tops.

You gotta go JDM to get the 30 HP ones.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Because of strict new emission laws, bumper stickers have lost some effectiveness and are only good for 20 HP tops.

You gotta go JDM to get the 30 HP ones.
          Crap and I thought I went all out when I bought the K&N one.
          Only getting 20-25 TOPS.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Judging from his sig, I'd say Tracy is a little more concerned with performance, not gas mileage. He said "He's got it modded up for fuel economy."

I don't think people mod camaro's for fuel economy.
            yeah but if all those things work, why not have both? those mods wouldn't work against what he has already done to his car. if those mods work as he suggested they do, then why not have the same power with better fuel economy?
            87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
              I'd call B.S. on this in a half a heartbeat, but I know Tracy pretty well, and there is no doubt in my mind that he has spent countless hours in the back seat of that limo checking himself out in the vanity mirrors.

Yeah, I suspected my own father of BS after hearing him talk about it for years and never taking the time to check it out. It's a Town Car, you know, not something I'd take time to look at too in depth.

Then I decided I had heard enough and asked to take his car next time we went on a trip. I couldn't believe my own eyes. No BS.

33 hwy in a tank of a Town Car limo.

I'm in the process of doing some of the same mods on my minivan. It also has a digital MPG computer built into the overhead console, so we'll see how it goes. Stock, it did 18 combined. I've got it to 20 so far by installing the K&N filter and puting the tires 5# overfilled, 40# in front, 35# in the rear. I've got the Duralube and teflon to go in this weekend, along with the Bosch dual spark platinum plugs.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

All jokes aside, I swear to god, with the mods listed in my sig, Driving to philly, even with 30# injectors, I got 27 MPG on the highway.

I thought people would call BS on it, but after reading a thread on CZ28, it seems a lotta 6 spd guys are getting that, some have claimed over 30 mpg.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ

Yeah, I suspected my own father of BS after hearing him talk about it for years and never taking the time to check it out. It's a Town Car, you know, not something I'd take time to look at too in depth.

Then I decided I had heard enough and asked to take his car next time we went on a trip. I couldn't believe my own eyes. No BS.

33 hwy in a tank of a Town Car limo.

I'm in the process of doing some of the same mods on my minivan. It also has a digital MPG computer built into the overhead console, so we'll see how it goes. Stock, it did 18 combined. I've got it to 20 so far by installing the K&N filter and puting the tires 5# overfilled, 40# in front, 35# in the rear. I've got the Duralube and teflon to go in this weekend, along with the Bosch dual spark platinum plugs.
                  OK let us know what happens. Just don't start driving like a Prius owner trying to get the claimed mileage out of his crate

Comment

Working...
                  X