No announcement yet.

Venting, Need opinions! (long)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to be the right breed to work nights... I would talk to your employer about moving back to your old position or to a new position days.

Taso also said it, you can't look for a relationship, you have to be happy with yourself and then things will happen when you least expect it...

My Brother 44 just went through a tough divorce 2 years ago after 21 years of marriage. He was married at 21 and he chased this girl and did everything to make her like him, but they grew apart over the years and she found someone else more in tune with her true likes and dislikes.

I’ve been very lucky and found a great friend and wife… Friendship has a lot to do with it. We have a great life, but we don't have much time together as our Daughter is 16 and it’s one thing (Travel club Volleyball, National Honor society, etc) after another. My wife also travels about 30% of the time. Luckily we can afford all the activities, but our time together suffers. Luckily we see the light at the end of the tunnel though. Soon our daughter will have her license and 2 years from now she'll be off to college. By we'll have everything (even college) paid for. Then we can relax and hopefully the pace will slow a bit and spend more time together.

You'll only succeed at something, a job or relationship if you enjoy it. If you’re miserable, that will show through in all aspects of your life.

Nightrage - said it extremely well and looks very mature for a 21 yr old just by how he wrote his post. You also look to be looking at the bigger picture and I’m not saying you shouldn’t enjoy yourself, but there has to be balance in everything… Good luck.
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

The way I look at it is............Can i really see myself doing this for the next 25 to 30 yrs? .I work at Procter and Gamble and we have a 12hr rotating schedual. It 2 on days 2 off and then 3 nites then 2 off then 2 on days then 3 off then it starts over just with nites. So everyother weekend is off and one of the weekends really ends up being almost 4 days long. I like this schedual cause it rotates pretty quickly and your not stuck on nites along time and u can do stuff in the days and the nites and have alot of time off and the pay is pretty good but.................. itsnot what I want to do 4 the next few decades. If not start looking and thinking what is it I want to do 4 a career and be happy doing it. in know this is hard to do. Most people never really find that career that really satisfies them were they cant wait to get up and go to work. Im 31 in 1 day , hey its my b-day!!!, and its taken me 15 yrs of working to find out what it was that Im meant to do. And thats become a career firefighter. the pay isnt as good cause our lives arent worth it but it is what I want to do with my life. and i cant stop thinking about it. the only bad part is you have 1500 people going 4 18 positions but you find that job and dont get it................Keep going for it !!!! I live in delaware and have gone through the process that takes 6 months with most departments just to get to the last process against 30 or so people and denied!! But this is waht I want so Im going keep falling down and one of these times I get back up Ill get it. Really, does any of this make any sence or help your cause?????? I just reread it and uh probably not sorry dude really though if your not happy find something else that makes you happy. Like i read earlier. U have to worry about yourself, and you dont want a heart attack at your young age. Look around and rally thing about what makes you happy. BTW. settleing down will come whrn its ready. dont force it or it wont work. trust me on this one. I know and Im sure a couple guys on here can go with e on that one.......

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
      2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Nightrage -

I rarely ever read a posting as long as yours. My attention span just isn't that good. However, yours was thought-provoking and well written.

Nicely done.

I agree with your entire point. The girl has to be a friend first... A good friend. I was friends with one girl for over five years. We started dating when the timing was right for both of us (both had just gotten out of long relationships). Everything seemed to be going okay... And it still is. We've been married almost nine years now.

Hate to be cliche here, but just be yourself. Don't force any deadlines on yourself. That's added pressure you don't need. Go out, have a great time... and don't think just because a girl is your friend, she's not interested. Keep your options wide open.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

nights is terrible. I started thinking it wouldn't be too bad. No night life, never saw my friends, weekends I caught up on sleep, etc...

It takes a certain type of person to do nights, and if you like having a social life then it's really not for you. I couldn't do it either. I was job hunting, ready to take a job that paid 6/hr less to get away from it. I didn't care, all I knew is that I couldn't go another week on nights.

Once I came to my boss with this, he put me on afternoons. Worked out great for me. Afternoons wasn't the greatest, but it beat the hell outta nights.

I would take the old position. A few extra bucks isn't worth nights. I would most definitely take a pay cut to not have to work nights.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
            Hate to be cliche here, but just be yourself. Don't force any deadlines on yourself. That's added pressure you don't need. Go out, have a great time... and don't think just because a girl is your friend, she's not interested. Keep your options wide open.
            Thats the strange part, I dont force anything. I have not forced a damn thing. Everything just happened normally. We had a thing for eachother. Shes a friend of the family, been around for about 5 years. I simply asked her to out for dinner for my b-day and we hit it off. But im someone that anylizes everything so. Im just being careful.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
              But im someone that anylizes everything so. Im just being careful.
              And that's exactly why you're going to be single for a long time.

I used to be picky, but I realized I wasn't any better than everybody else. When you like someone you see past all the little imperfections about that person because you're really into them.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
              X