No announcement yet.

Getting pulled over for a LOUD exhaust?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It also depends how you drive around. If you constantly floor it and run high rpm's you're bound to be noticed.

Since I installed my Borla, I keep the rpm's low in residential areas, especially at nights. I'm not aware that they pull people over for loud exhaust here but it's more out of courtesy.

Can't wait to get the cut out valve on so I can quiet things down if needed without having to lift the foot.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I had the LM I on my T/A. It was very loud, and I even had an officer give me the thumbs up once. I never drove it like an idiot. That just attracts attention. If you don't drive around at WOT all the time, and don't have a record... You should be fine.

I have three friends in my town's police force. They told me they'll run a plate on a car like that (mostly ricers though). If it comes back with no priors, they don't pull them over. If there are previous violations... The lights come on.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Good to know...Thanks for the info everyone!
        1996 Trans Am M6 (T-Tops)
        Mods:
        "Race Ready" Rebuilt T56
        Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Crane 1.5rrs
        Comp high tech pushrods
        Pacesetter Longtubes and ORY
        SLP Loudmouth II
        SLP Cold air intake
        PCMforLess Tune + 160 thermostat
        UMI adjustable panhard
        UMI LCAs and relocation brackets