Corvette!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvette!

This Saturday I'm going to go look at a Vette....

It's a 2002 convertible with a 6-speed and all the options. the paint is black, the top is black and the interior is tan. It's got 21K on the ticker. It's a one owner car that has seen rain once.

If it is as good as the owner says it is, I'll be driving it home. Wish me luck!

I might consider selling my Camaro in the spring. Anyone interested?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Awesome, Tracy!

Good luck.

Oh, and I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way for everyone...

SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

What the hay, is everybody on this site getting vettes. Well if you get it make sure you post pics. Good luck.
      Blazer

Comment

Have fun and enjoy the hunt. LOL
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Oh yea! What a day that will be.

2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

congrats man, hope everything goes as smoothly as the vette drives
            2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
              I might consider selling my Camaro in the spring. Anyone interested?
              I am! With the my current vehicle now paid off I am in the market in late spring-early summer. How much are you looking for it?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Hey if that doesn't work out here are some options. I can go look at them and they will ship them to you. Just let me know. I started to post the individual links but you can browse it as well as I can.

http://www.buyavette.net/buy.html
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Everyone is moving up...

again...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

that's cool you're getting a vette... espically a black vette. i just hope you don't get the attitude along with it that most vette owners have...

heres a couple posts straight from cf to show what i'm talking about. this was said to a fellow gta owner when he bought a gta instead of a vette.

Originally Posted by 5speedc4
                    "Well.......I like cars, but my vette isn't a car, it's a CORVETTE.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, then you don't have IT.

I grew up being able to identify a corvette before 1st grade, with my parents saying:

How does he know anything about a corvette? Where is he getting this from?"

Fact is, I could identify most muscle cars in the 60s by the age of 6 or 7. I was born in 1960.

But the corvette was always the coolest by FAR.

I saw GTOs, camaros, mustangs and barracudas every day in my small home town of 2,000 people.
                    It was a rare treat to see a corvette.

I have always love corvettes; by far, above all the rest.

I am glad you like your TA.

I am sorry you don't have a true love for any "one car", as I have.

That is not to take away from your experience.
                    It doesn't make you less of a car guy.

My brother doesn't have any one car that he is nuts over, he has told me that he wishes he had my love for a certin car.
                    It is something that he would love to have.
                    Point is, he doesn't have that special love for any "one car".
                    He still loved cars as much as I did when we were younger......but.......

as he got older he went from a very fast BMW......to a jeep cherokee.....to and now is finally driving a

TOYOTA 4 Runner.......why?

Because it is sensiable.

Yes he will get his better trade in value.........but finally at the age of 50 years old, he has lost the excitement.

I still got a corvette.

Good luck with your TA.......and eventually......your toyota.

That doesn't make you a bad person."

another owner said this:

"A Corvette isn't only a car, it's a dream realized, it's an attitude achieved, it's a personal statement!"
                    87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Actually It's funny that you say that because I have seen it from the inside. I've had Vette owners come up to me expecting me to act some way that I am not. I start talking to them about the nuts and bolts in the car and they don't have a clue. I bought mine because of the design of it not because of it's social status. I bought it because I wanted something that came from the factory the right way that I didn't have to add sub frame connectors because it has a full frame and bigger brakes, bigger wheels, bla bla bla. I wanted some luxury items like automatic air, HUD, chromatic mirrors, etc. Anyway, now people that don't have Vette's treat me like I am some snob. I waved at a guy driving a WS6 Trans Am today and he just looked at me. I don't fit in anywhere now. I guess that's why I still hang out here. You guys are real normal people. Hey I like cars. All kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                        Actually It's funny that you say that because I have seen it from the inside. I've had Vette owners come up to me expecting me to act some way that I am not. I start talking to them about the nuts and bolts in the car and they don't have a clue. I bought mine because of the design of it not because of it's social status. I bought it because I wanted something that came from the factory the right way that I didn't have to add sub frame connectors because it has a full frame and bigger brakes, bigger wheels, bla bla bla. I wanted some luxury items like automatic air, HUD, chromatic mirrors, etc. Anyway, now people that don't have Vette's treat me like I am some snob. I waved at a guy driving a WS6 Trans Am today and he just looked at me. I don't fit in anywhere now. I guess that's why I still hang out here. You guys are real normal people. Hey I like cars. All kinds.
                        u should get a plate that reads "not snob" haha
                        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                          Everyone is moving up...

again...

If we have more members here movin' on up, we might be able to open up our own Vette Forum.
                          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                            If we have more members here movin' on up, we might be able to open up our own Vette Forum.
                            Don't leave me here!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Cars don't make a snob, that characteristic trait has to be within that person to begin with.

I've had lots of different kinds of cars but I don't think I've ever really been discriminatory.

I show as much interest in others cars as mine even if I truly don't care for their car. I know we all choose what we do for personal reasons so I leave it at face value.

Let me add a story. When I had my 02Z06 and my Viper GTS, I got so many strange comments that I ended up baiting people. When I drove the Z, I would wear a Viper Jacket. People would say with a snobby tone "Why do you have a Viper coat?" I'd reply "Because I like it" They would come back with "Do you have a Viper?". I'd reply "Yes". Then their tone would change and they'd try to be nice and inquire about my cars. I'd just look at them and walk away knowing that they were A Holes and I didn't care to talk to them.

One last thing. Three of the biggest A holes I have ever met in my life all belong to the local Viper club.
                              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X