No announcement yet.

Corvette!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. Not the convertible guy myself but it looks hot.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
        These are the best I can do in my garage.
        Dang it. The web site you use to host your pictures are blocked at work so I can't see it until I get home. Maybe I can get my wife to download them and send them to me.

updated:

Got them! Parked next to the mini van. LOL Ours is green. ha ha ha. Very nice! Mine has the same wheels. You will enjoy them because they are easy to clean.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Very nice!
          Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Looks sweet... Enjoy...
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Looks great. It has my favorite wheel ever produced on a vette. Nicely done. Enjoy the ride.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

purdy!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Thanks guys! As soon as the weather warms up I'll get some pictures in the driveway. It's -5 F outside this morning.

I need a decent cover for it. Hey Norm, You wouldn't happen to have an old C5 cover laying aorund, would you?

Here is the reasoning behind the purchase:
                  I was thinking about getting the 2010 Camaro when they come out. Then I weighed the new Camaro against this 6 year old Vette. I actually like the Vette better. The interior, exterior, pretty much everything. Another thing was that the Vette is already depreciated. Someone paid $54,800 for this car new. I'm sure I can own this car several years, put a few thousand miles on it and not lose my shirt on it. The new Camaro would drop in value like a rock the second I drove it home from the dealership. After a few years a new Camaro will only be worth a fraction of what was paid for it.

On top of all that, this was cheaper by several grand and I didn't have to wait for another year. Prices on Corvettes are botomed out right now, so this is the best time to buy.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Here is the reasoning behind the purchase:
                    I was thinking about getting the 2010 Camaro when they come out. Then I weighed the new Camaro against this 6 year old Vette. I actually like the Vette better. The interior, exterior, pretty much everything. Another thing was that the Vette is already depreciated. Someone paid $54,800 for this car new. I'm sure I can own this car several years, put a few thousand miles on it and not lose my shirt on it. The new Camaro would drop in value like a rock the second I drove it home from the dealership. After a few years a new Camaro will only be worth a fraction of what was paid for it.

On top of all that, this was cheaper by several grand and I didn't have to wait for another year. Prices on Corvettes are botomed out right now, so this is the best time to buy.
                    I did the same math and came up with the same answer. The Corvette holds it's value better than any other car. The cost of ownership is the final answer.
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                      I did the same math and came up with the same answer. The Corvette holds it's value better than any other car. The cost of ownership is the final answer.
                      Isn't that amazing that the Corvette is actually the cheap car?

Everyone thinks they are sooooooo expensive!
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

nice score! wish i had the money for a C5 Z06
                        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Isn't that amazing that the Corvette is actually the cheap car?

Everyone thinks they are sooooooo expensive!
                          He he.

Just wait.

When it comes time for parts, you'll find the catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            He he.

Just wait.

When it comes time for parts, you'll find the catch.
                            Not going to happen. I have a wholesale account at my local chevy dealership.
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:

Comment

True..... but that won't help you on aftermarket parts.

Comment

Hey TraceZ, I love your new Vette...awesome car!!!
                                '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                                '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                                '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                                '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                                '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                                My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X