Hawaii Emissions ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Emissions ?

Found out that after year-and-a-half of submitting resume's in the Fed gvt. to relocate to a different climate (allergies and body hates cold) that I'm a contender for a position in Pearl Harbor.

If I were to go through the process, of interviewing and such, I'd probably have to get the Firehawk inspected, and stuff. As I have headers, took off PCV, and AIR (smog pump) plumbing. I'm wondering will I have to revert back to stock style, put back on the manifolds and stuff to pass,

well at least I'd put on heads to compensate for lack of headers. But what really is required to pass and what can I get away with, if win the position?
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

get in touch with someone in the office and track down a car guy if you get the job.

there goes fun driving though.. about all thats left will be taking the pass through the twisties to the windward side of the island.... the traffic congestion is outrageous and the speed limits are 35 just about everywhere on Oahu.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
      get in touch with someone in the office and track down a car guy if you get the job.
      ........../\good advice.

Hawaii doesn't do emissions inspections, it's just a safety check. but...There is a "reconstruction" inspection sticker for some mods, exhaust and ride height are 2 that come to mind. Got tinted windows? Yup, that has to be "legal" also for the inspection. Been away too long to give you any more info, anything else I could remember might have been changed.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Found out and I quote

there is no PCS authorized or funding for moves
        so I'd have to pay for the move of the car myself but I tell you what my body cant stand NE and a move is necessary (allergies and such) as career needs a jump-start. I'm gonna go full bore on this one. I'll adapt. You can visit if I get it

Will try and track down some F-body clubs there. there has to be a bulletin board. Will post up any info what I find out.

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
        pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
          Will try and track down some F-body clubs there. there has to be a bulletin board. Will post up any info what I find out.
          http://www.phfba.net/

http://www.paradisecruisers.com/

http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/index.php?

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

thanks that will be a big help.

I have to plan as if I'll get the position as it will take a lot of planning moving 6 time zones, not to mention throwing away *a lot* of stuff

pics and info

Comment

see now..given my 38 years of it... what i would do is sell the hawk, get a beater, and take up surfing. wont be long.. and you could give a wolfs butt about anything else.... LOL

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
                see now..given my 38 years of it... what i would do is sell the hawk, get a beater, and take up surfing. wont be long.. and you could give a wolfs butt about anything else.... LOL
                Coming from Ventura originally, and knowing my family was critical to the advent of surfing on the west coast after WWII (Family owned Stanley's steak house on the Rincon only place that had food and bathrooms - with an excellent break ) My Grandfather kept them in line and any surfer prior to '71 will attest that is the spot where surfing began I could easily live that way just the furbutt will have to spend a month in quarrantine

Cant sell the Hawk, it represents the realization of a dream I had for most of my life. Besides it's paid for

Confirmed from the hifba site, there are no emissions inspections, and some mods would require a reconstruction sticker, and LT headers with cats will sail through that -thanks Bru

pics and info

Comment

the furbutt will have to spend a month in quarrantine
                  have you checked into that...they made a change a while back..something about how recent vaccinations were given and not having to go through quarantine...???

Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Coming from Ventura originally, and knowing my family was critical to the advent of surfing on the west coast after WWII (Family owned Stanley's steak house on the Rincon only place that had food and bathrooms - with an excellent break ) My Grandfather kept them in line and any surfer prior to '71 will attest that is the spot where surfing began I could easily live that way just the furbutt will have to spend a month in quarrantine

Cant sell the Hawk, it represents the realization of a dream I had for most of my life. Besides it's paid for

Confirmed from the hifba site, there are no emissions inspections, and some mods would require a reconstruction sticker, and LT headers with cats will sail through that -thanks Bru

Is this the same family that was going to buy GM? Boy, you have the world's best heritage, why do you even work?

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
                      have you checked into that...they made a change a while back..something about how recent vaccinations were given and not having to go through quarantine...???

I looked into it. http://hawaii.gov/hdoa/ai/aqs/info

they have a 5 day program but it looks like if they want me to start the job within 30 days, ( period on some rabies test results), and I fly him out there, he will have to be quarantined for 30 or up to 120 days. Best bet once and IF, I get job, put in for test and stuff, and have relative take car of him for until all tests are completed, then fly him out there for pick up without the quarantine

pics and info

Comment

surfing began in Hawaii and Tahiti....... I surfed Rincon in the late 60's.. its a local spot no doubt, in fact, the locals were @ holes about non locals....mostly cause we were better than most of them...LOL

Comment

Yup. Those that were in the military brought surfing back with them after the war. Here is some info on the restaurant and location. Your right about the local's but I tell you what those Yes sir'd and no sir'd him without hesitation. He put the fear of God into them!

http://surfcrazy.com/stanleys/index.html

When My Grandfather (Merv) retired in '81 and sold the Stanley in Santa Paula , He pulled the bar out and installed it on an enclosed patio @ home and still use the bar (hic). We still have the original Menu's . When he passed in 91' It seems the entire town turned out for the funeral, many of them surfer's who came to pay their lasts respects. He was a true Man's man

pics and info

Comment

Tom Morey!...i met him in person... boy, those shots are old.. the long board days...thats when i started! Morey invented the Morey boogie board...still sells thousands of em today...

that goes way back. good viewing.

Comment

Working...
                            X