No announcement yet.

the new G8 GT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seen the G8 GT at car show but i didn't sit in it something else caught my eye. 08 jetstream blue Corvette Z06
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
      I seen the G8 GT at car show but i didn't sit in it something else caught my eye. 08 jetstream blue Corvette Z06
      I "saw"........

grammar 101

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
        I "saw"........

grammar 101

The correct Redneck grammer is "I done seen the new G8..."
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

So much hostility in this thread...
          Let me be the first to say ALL GM cars suck!!!
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by msfyter
            Its a 4 door GTO/Monaro , still imported from OZ and GM will eat the cost and its gonna fail. Gas is skyrocketing
            it has less power then the gto and it has a 6 speed auto, not a 4 speed auto. i think it will do fine with mpg.
            87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
              The correct Redneck grammer is "I done seen the new G8..."
              Norm, that was so close it was scary. LOL.....

It's actually "I done seen a new G8". The a is prounounced "uh", not to be confused with the real word "uh" meaning: give me an hour and I'll figure out whut you are sayin to me.........which by the way according to guiness is the the most common word in the modern redneck language.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                Norm, that was so close it was scary. LOL.....

It's actually "I done seen a new G8". The a is prounounced "uh", not to be confused with the real word "uh" meaning: give me an hour and I'll figure out whut you are sayin to me.........which by the way according to guiness is the the most common word in the modern redneck language.

Interesting bit of information, Joe.

See, I would have thought the word "shoot" was the most commonly used term in redneck dialect. It's referred to as both an action (I's fixin' ta shoot me ah big ole' deer)... And as an exclimation (Shooooot... Mah truck done broke down when I was runnin' moonshine).

I learn something new everyday.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                  Interesting bit of information, Joe.

See, I would have thought the word "shoot" was the most commonly used term in redneck dialect. It's referred to as both an action (I's fixin' ta shoot me ah big ole' deer)... And as an exclimation (Shooooot... Mah truck done broke down when I was runnin' moonshine).

I learn something new everyday.
                  hilarious

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

I love the new G8. I am tempted to get rid of my truck & regal to get one. But have you seen the rear end of the car??? HIDEOUS How can GM get the rest of the car so right and the rear end so wrong? Just the rear end is enough to make me NOT get one.
                    No F-Body right now

Comment

I just saw one at the great KC auto show last night. It looked ok.
                      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

yeah it looks pretty good but the guys from down under just have it so much better.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                        2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

I like the G8...probably like the Charger more. However, GM is a day late and dollar short as usual. The 6.0 L engine (automatic): 15/24 (city/highway mpg) rating is not something I would buy in today's energy market. The sales for this car will be sluggish, and the new CAFE rules beginning in 2011 will kill stuff like this or present a HUGE gas guzzler tax. They should have released this car around 2004 when there was interest. I expect my next vehicle to be in the 30 to 40 mpg range...I won't settle for anything less.
                          '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                          '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                          '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                          '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                          '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                          My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                            I like the G8...probably like the Charger more. However, GM is a day late and dollar short as usual. The 6.0 L engine (automatic): 15/24 (city/highway mpg) rating is not something I would buy in today's energy market. The sales for this car will be sluggish, and the new CAFE rules beginning in 2011 will kill stuff like this or present a HUGE gas guzzler tax. They should have released this car around 2004 when there was interest. I expect my next vehicle to be in the 30 to 40 mpg range...I won't settle for anything less.
                            i wonder if those #'s are with the AFM active. i don't see how it could get that bad of gas mileage when it has a 6 speed with low gearing (2.83 i believe). but for what it's worth... the v6 edition with 100 less hp and 140 less tq only gets 17/25.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsonGTA
                              i wonder if those #'s are with the AFM active. i don't see how it could get that bad of gas mileage when it has a 6 speed with low gearing (2.83 i believe). but for what it's worth... the v6 edition with 100 less hp and 140 less tq only gets 17/25.
                              I obtained the info. off of the manufacturer's web-site. It is comparable to the Charger with the displacement on demand feature on the Hemi. It is a pretty boxy and heavy car, and the EPA is now testing with the AC on etc. so the results are much different then they were. Don't get me wrong...I still love these cars, they just aren't practical or responsible for commuting anymore. As soon as I get my '97 sold, I am buying something with a 4 banger and a five speed. The Yukon is absolutely horrible on a 33 mile one way commute.
                              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X