No announcement yet.

One of my little Hot Rods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My AMA membership expired 3 years ago. Where I fly, you only need it if you want to fly in airshows. I would say more than half the people who fly there aren't registered.

There are open fields all over where I live, but the airfield has a paved runway and the grass is always mowed.

You're right about the Hitler's. I cant stand the old guys who run that place. They're all retired and have nothing to do but hang out at the airfield. One day I got yelled at for flying too fast and too low, then I see their buddies doing all sorts of crazy stuff which is posted on the fly board at the airfield of illegal maneuvers. Hypocrites.

This is their club: http://palosrc.com/

This is the airfield:

Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

That's a sweet little field there.

Funny thing is that my "residential" neighborhood is in a very rural area. I have a North/South runway intersecting with an East/West immediatly in front of my place. The neighbors love to watch the airshows that I put on, there's only an occational car I have to watch for. Many times a driver will just pull over on the side and watch. I can fly as much as I want, nobody complains ( then again, I'm not crashing into anything either), no transporting equipment, no Hitlers, nada....... just me and the bird that I'm flying, sometimes a friend will stop by and fly, sometimes my son too. It just seems too good to be true.

I could probably fly bigger stuff right here, my own common sense prevents me from flying anything that can cause real damage if it goes down.

Comment

Working...
      X