A political matter: a huge doubt...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A political matter: a huge doubt...

With my humble respect to American people and F Body members, I would like to ask, simply as that, why a muslim raised man (independetly He switched to be a chatolic one afterwards) could be choosen to be the next president of the United States of America instead an educated woman raised with the classic standards of the american values?
    I can not understand it completely. I accept my ignorancy in this issue. I'm looking for answers or reasons without the intention to argue. Truly, I'm really courious and intrigued.

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply.
    Dochidalgo
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Because we are blessed to have a country in which any native born person can be president.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Thats like asking how can a greedy idiot like george bush be president, personally I'd rather see Clinton in office, although she'd have quite a mess too clean up.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
      2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by dochidalgo
        instead [of] an educated woman raised with the classic standards of the american values?
        She doesn't have the classic standards of the American values that I have been taught. I was taught hard work will get you ahead in life. Her belief is Marxist. "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need."
        http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx...esto/index.htm
        "tax the rich and give to the poor"
        Taxes are based on income. If you tax a rich person too much they will stop doing things to make income to stop paying taxes. They don't have to work remember. The "rich" people are who create jobs. (Have you ever worked for a poor person?) Jobs will go away. The economy will shut down. Some voters are smart enough to understand this. They will not vote for someone like Hillary who comes right out and says they will raise taxes on the rich. I realize Obama is going to do the same thing but he doesn't come right out and advertise it like she does.

"We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society." [Hillary Clinton, 1993]

"Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all." [Nikita Khrushchev , February 25, 1956 20th Congress of the Communist Party]

"It is thus necessary that the individual should come to realize that his own ego is of no importance in comparison with the existence of his nation; that the position of the individual ego is conditioned solely by the interests of the nation as a whole ... that above all the unity of a nation's spirit and will are worth far more than the freedom of the spirit and will of an individual. .... This state of mind, which subordinates the interests of the ego to the conservation of the community, is really the first premise for every truly human culture .... we understand only the individual's capacity to make sacrifices for the community, for his fellow man." [Adolph Hitler, 1933]

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans ..." [President Bill Clinton, 'USA Today' March 11, 1993: Page 2A]
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

The Republicans are running for the presidency in this election, right? It seems like the media and many others have forgotten that. Anyway, it is a lesser of two evils thing for me. I would rather see Obama win because I think Hillary is evil. LOL

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

The last thing we need is another Republicain look at what our Bush has done, its disgusting.

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
            2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
              The last thing we need is another Republicain look at what our Bush has done, its disgusting.
              With all due respect and humility...what has he done that's disgusting.

No flaming here...just want the other sides point of view.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                "We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society." [Hillary Clinton, 1993]

"Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all." [Nikita Khrushchev , February 25, 1956 20th Congress of the Communist Party]

"It is thus necessary that the individual should come to realize that his own ego is of no importance in comparison with the existence of his nation; that the position of the individual ego is conditioned solely by the interests of the nation as a whole ... that above all the unity of a nation's spirit and will are worth far more than the freedom of the spirit and will of an individual. .... This state of mind, which subordinates the interests of the ego to the conservation of the community, is really the first premise for every truly human culture .... we understand only the individual's capacity to make sacrifices for the community, for his fellow man." [Adolph Hitler, 1933]

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans ..." [President Bill Clinton, 'USA Today' March 11, 1993: Page 2A]
                Wow...

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                  With all due respect and humility...what has he done that's disgusting.

No flaming here...just want the other sides point of view.
                  I'm all ears as well. What did he do?
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

That the economy, the war (witch sickens me), gas prices, the man is evil and in it for money.

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
                    2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

How can you tell when a politician is lying?

When their lips are moving.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

... the war (witch sickens me).....

tonight, MILLIONS of Iraqi families can sleep free, because America used its power. And unfortunately, freedom comes at a very high price.
                        -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
                        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

That the economy, the war (witch sickens me), gas prices, the man is evil and in it for money.

I'll address the economy.

2000 - Bush takes office
                          2001 - .COM bust LINK
                          2001 - Terrorist attacks LINK
                          2003 - The Bush tax cuts LINK

Looking above, you can see as soon as Bush took office he had two major events take place that both damaged the economy. To save it, he passed several tax cuts which we still enjoy today. If you want to see a bad economy, just wait and see what happens when a democrat president lets Bush's cuts lapse without renewal. (something both Clinton and Obama have said they will do)

The economy we enjoy today is still in positive growth. We have not (yet) entered a recession. Fuel prices are damaging the economy.

Why is fuel so expensive?

1) Oil comodities are traded on national markets as well as our own market. It is the traders that make the most money on oil, not the oil companies. Oil companies actually have very low margins of profit. Bush has NO control over this.

2) The USA has not built a refinery in DECADES because environmentalists won't allow it. We have shut down several refineries because they could not meet new environmental standards. Thank the democrats for this.

3) The USA refuses to drill for oil within its borders because of environmental concerns. While at the same time China drills for oil 60 miles off the coast of Florida in Cuban waters. Thank the democrats for this.

4) The largest oil reserves in the WORLD are in the oil shale under the Rocky Mountains here in the USA. Why have we not began to harvest it? Thank the democrats for this.
                          Tracy
                          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                          Current Mods:
                          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

It is hard to sort out what Bush did versus what Clinton did- NAFTA? sending high-paying manufacturing jobs out of the country- Not hard to find any of Clintons scandals with the Chinese, sending our high-tech products to countries at the very least would enjoy seeing the US foundering-

Bush has extended this country into a 6 year war, with no end in sight- but, then, the war against fundamentalist Islam has been going on for centures- about 1000 years ago the Moors invaded Spain, to 'convert' the Christians at sword point- anyone hear ever read about the Crusades? In the last hundred years, General Pershing fought Islam in the Philipenes- so, you can pretend this war is about oil, or Bush's daddy all you want, but the Muslims were blowing up US assets in Lybia, Lebanon, and even attempted to blow up the world Trade Center in '93, under Clinton's administration- so, yes, I think some respnse is needed-

That said, our economy is in shambles- oil is twice as expensive as it was a years ago, in part because the value of the dollar is plummeting- first time in my old memory where canadian dollars are worth more than us dollars. The banking industry is doing predatory lending, credit card interest is sky-high, and now the government wants to allow lenders the 'right' to defaul on loans with no penalties- if that happens, do you think anyone will loan money for home mortgages of businesss start-ups? I sure wouldn't risk my money when the government tells me i can't sue to get it back if something goes wrong-

While, in general, I think less government is better, and don't like the government sticking it's nose in every aspect of my private life or business dealings, I do think that some of these huge multi-national companies need to be regulated. Exxon Mobil doesn't do what is good for the US, they do ONLY what is best for their bottom line, to maximize their profits. Fair enough, they should be allowed to make reasonable profits on their investments, but, when there price manipulations after our economy there needs to be some control- In the 60's and 70's the federal governemnt broke up Standard Oil, becasue they felt that it was too much of a monopoly, able to fix prices. Maybe something like that needs to happen again

The 'economic stimulus' is really just ackowledgment that the IRS has taken too much money from the working people of this country, and needed to give us back a few crumbs to spend, to keep the economy limping along- but, by giving that money back, they continue to fail to balance the budget, leading to even more inflation and devaluing the dollar

Democrat, Republican, they are just two sides of the same coin- I don't think either party is concerned with what is needed for the health of this country, they are both too concerned with name-calling, blaming each other, and trying to get re-elected. Just a game between the politicians, while the us economy, jobs, and all are just going down the drain- What is it going to take for the people of this country to wake up and demand something be done? Another depression, like the 30's? If our economy tanks, no doubt it would pull down many other countries, too- most of our major trading partners, like Germany, Japan, maybe even China-

I don't mean to sound so depressing. I love this country, and i think we have some of the greatest minds and potential in history- but we need the governemnt, and politicians that are steering the ship, to get back to the business of helping the US, not trying to line their personal pockets with shady deals and good ole boy political favors-
                            2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                            "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Yes, President Bush wakes up every day...every day he finds ways to cripple the capitalistic economy that is NOT in a recession (recession is defined by two consecutive negative growth periods).

Bush wakes up every day and decides to send our brave soldiers to fight a worthless war THAT frees a country, keeps the war from coming to our soil and bring clean water, electricity, hospitals and schools.

He also has a computer that controls the gas prices. He sets them at will and depending on his mood, he can regulate all gas prices...even though most of our oil is controlled by the middle east...even though he has asked the middle east to increase production to help bring down gas prices! He still wakes up and at a flick of a switch decides to make gas $4 a gallon.

Evil, oh no...he's worse than evil. A man that truly cares about the people, the economy, our safety, our country is surely evil.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                              X