track today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• track today

well its official. i suck. i just cant get any traction. regular tires at regular pressure. there was a 05 gto running the same mph but he ran a 12.9 @ 107 with 1.89 60ft(drag radials) can anyone figure out what i shoul br running?

1st run. 60' 2.2

1/8 - 8.8 sec 83.4 mph

1/4 - 13.4 106.45 mph

2nd run 60' 2.45

1/8 8.9 84.01 mph

1/4 13.54 107.5 mph

3rd run 60' 2.27

1/8 8.17 83.52 mph

1/4 13.39 106.3 mph hit rev. limiter in 3rd

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Look at the difference in 60' times. Your 2.2 is quite slow compared to his 1.89 sec. Whater you can do to carve that time out of your 60' time will reduce your total ET by that same amount.

Drag radials, playing with the pinion angle, and learning how to make the car launch will gl a long way.

Comment

so every tenth off of the 60' is a tenth off your ET?

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

You should really lower the pressure, i ran 2.038 with a computer tune and CAI in my 95 bird. i think i did like 23 psi or so in the rears.
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
          so every tenth off of the 60' is a tenth off your ET?
          Yep.

I think I can help you hook if I know what parts content you have in the suspension.

Comment

Dude you sellin your car now?? Didn't you just get that?

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89281
            1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              Yep.

I think I can help you hook if I know what parts content you have in the suspension.
              hey sorry i havent replied to ya but it seems iv been block from this site at work. it says something like this ip address has been blocked. anyway thats what i have. im not sure anything else. hope this helps

Weld in subframe connectors
              Hotchkis control arms and single adjustable panhard
              Eibach? springs
              UMI torque arm

current

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
                Dude you sellin your car now?? Didn't you just get that?

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89281
                i was just puttin feelers out for it cause weve got another baby on the way and i can only manage one car seat in the T/A lol dont need to sell it. just seein if there was any interest

current

Comment

Serious wheel spin and smoke coming off the line, look like you bogged a bit. Get some DR's and run 16-19 pounds of air should help.
                  2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

Originally posted by msfyter
                    Serious wheel spin and smoke coming off the line, look like you bogged a bit. Get some DR's and run 16-19 pounds of air should help.

lookin into it now but i didnt realize how hard it was to find 295/35/18's!

current

Comment

I have 295/35/18"s Firestones They stick
                      2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

lookin into it now but i didnt realize how hard it was to find 295/35/18's!

get stock 16" wheels, ur low profiles arent helping, esp the rubber band sized ones(40/35s ones) also did u do a rear LCA relocation brackets?
                        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

1st run. 60' 2.2

1/8 - 8.8 sec 83.4 mph

1/4 - 13.4 106.45 mph

2nd run 60' 2.45

1/8 8.9 84.01 mph

1/4 13.54 107.5 mph
                          Alright I have no idea what the hell is wrong here. I ran a 8.75 in the 1/8 with a 2.1 60'. I ran at the 1/4, well only once, and I ran a 13.69. I personally think Thats trash for the Suspension mods i have. I ran like a 2.2 60' when i ran the quarter. I know My luanches are crap but why are they am i so slow. From my understanding I should be well under 13.5 even with a 2.1-2.3 60 foots.

P.s. Dont mean to steal your thread. On the topic at hand, You need to run a 16" wheel with a nice sticky tire. Recommend a 15" with a stick tire.
                          Eddie
                          2000 M6 Trans Am
                          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                            Alright I have no idea what the hell is wrong here. I ran a 8.75 in the 1/8 with a 2.1 60'. I ran at the 1/4, well only once, and I ran a 13.69. I personally think Thats trash for the Suspension mods i have. I ran like a 2.2 60' when i ran the quarter. I know My luanches are crap but why are they am i so slow. From my understanding I should be well under 13.5 even with a 2.1-2.3 60 foots.

P.s. Dont mean to steal your thread. On the topic at hand, You need to run a 16" wheel with a nice sticky tire. Recommend a 15" with a stick tire.
                            On the subject of ET....You've got a few problems that are created by your choice of parts. first, when you lower the car the suspension geometry is changed. The result is that the lower control arm cannot apply the proper leverage to help plant the tires. You are in need of lower control arm relocation brackets. Also, as what was already mentioned....... a tire with a taller footprint. That means reducing the wheel diameter, using a tire with a taller sidewall and a larger footprint from front to rear. A typical 17" tire combo produces a wide footprint but not very large from front to back. In contrast, a 15" diameter, 275mmwide and 28" tall tire will have a larger front to rear contact patch than a 275mm wide tire that is 25.5 inches tall. Adjusting the pinion angle of the differential via an adjustable torque arm aids in increasing the bite of the tires. If It were me, I would run v6 rear springs, airlift bags in the rear springs, lower control arm relocation brackets, adjust the torque arm to 3º down, use 15x10 drag wheels with at least a 275/50/15 (if not taller). I ran Hosier 295/50/15s and hooked great. Create a bias in the rear by airing up the right rear airbag to 15 psi, the left rear to 5 spi. Unhook the front sway bar for your quarter mile blasts, be sure to hook them back up for the drive home.

That setup should drop your 60' a significant amount, as well as the subsequent ET for the full run. Each .1 you cut off the 60' results in a tenth decrease for the 1320.

Now for the speed........ If you feel as though power is down, a dyno session will uncover any problems.

Lastly, I would suggest pickup up some sort of performance computer like a Bell or G-tech. It will measure your 60' times and 0-30, 0-60 etc. without having to go to the dragstrip. It is very useful in learning how to drive the car to the best ET.

Comment

Thanks Joe.

I know all about the lowering of the car and how it effects the ability to get out of the dig in a hurry. I have relocation brackets. I was considering putting in my stock springs in the rear when I go run to help with the lowering issue. My car does sag a lot in the rear so even with the relocation brackets Its still not like if it was raised. I was thinking of getting the airbags. About the front swaybar, I took off some pressure of the driver side end link but I think I should of taken it completely off. Plus when I ran I ran with a pair of my DR's on Drag lights. Its only about 40LB and they were in the rear of my car so I dont think that hurt me to much.

As for the power issue, The car has been dyno'ed and was plusing 310+RWHP so I dont know. Maybe im not going all the power out of it with the Bosch Platinum 2's in there, so I should get NGK's.

I ran a 255/55R16 Street tire when i ran that time. Im scared to blow my rear end so Im not doing any clutch dumps or Power shifting.
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X