Young man needs Opinions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ConElite
    I thought about that Joe, but the main reason Why I want to get a Honda or An import is the repair Costs. I mean you can drop an engine for less than $700 in just about any honda. You cant beat that even with a stick. Plus I have a lot of friends with connections with imports.
    u are so right,thats the one thing I loved about my honda's,engine's are so cheap,I had a h22 (200hp)engine dropped in my accord for $1000,everthing was twice as cheap as my f-body and my stang,Conelite u should drop a h22 in that civic,My friend did that to his 95 civic coupe and put a cheap turbo on it on runs high 12's all day,He has like 280 hp to the front wheels,his car weighs 2178 pounds,Ive driven it twice ,very fun,but its very hard to get traction,it peels out all the way to 3rd gear
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

I feel your pain. I have a 70 mile round trip every day to and from work. I really need to find a Civic or something lol
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

I would sell the car. Next time you get a car like that I'd make sure that I was in a finacial situation that wouldn't make it such a burden.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Not trying to make you get rid of the bird, but if that's destiny....

Have you thought about a V6 bird? good gas mileage, can be made to out handle a V8, cheaper insurance, and you could get them really cheap.

and ontop of that joe you can do a LT1 swap and there ya go you still have the insurance of the v6 no monthly payment but the power is still there.
          94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
          94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
          75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
          1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
          GOT PSi?
          Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
            and ontop of that joe you can do a LT1 swap and there ya go you still have the insurance of the v6 no monthly payment but the power is still there.
            No LT1 for me. I'm going LC2 baby. For those that don't know what an LC2 is, they came in the 86-87 Buick Grand National. So a turbo 3.8 with roughly 650 lbs of torque, 700R4 Automatic, 3.42 posi is the plan Stan. Don't need to be coy, Roy....... Gonna set myself free.

That should more than cover about any V8 I run across. Of course there will always be someone faster. They just might not be quicker.

Comment

HAHAHA i hear ya. hey the tailpipes you have can you still purchase them new from a company do you know or are they something i would have to fab. myself. i have no problem doing that im just wondering. (sorry for wondering off topic its just something that came to mind and i didnt think it needed a whole new thread)
              94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
              75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
              GOT PSi?

Comment

Originally posted by 1slo_camaro
                Im not in the mood for doing that Any time soon. Although im more than capible, Its not as reliable as a Z would be. Plus Me wanting to save money I think it would go against that to do a Swap. And I know myself I would not want to leave the LT1 stock. I would rather in the future get a GTO of Early C5.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

oooo soo your too good for an LT1 huh??? dang LS guys thinks your sooo much better LOL jp. once i look back on it the swap honestly wasnt that hard to do. if i had two or three people that knew exactly what they were doing i think it could be a three day job
                  94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                  75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                  GOT PSi?

Comment

Im not at all to good for an LT1 Swap. My brother has his 96 Z. The reason I would not want to do it is b/c Then I would do a rebuild, Then maybe a strocker kit, and head work, and Tubular k-member. Before you know it, Its $5000 in nothing but engine work. Thats something I do not want to do. I would have to make it faster than mY ls1. If I just do the sway Ill be slower.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

yea i know how you feel i saw it just sitting there calling for a rebuild and if i wouldve had a beater to drive around other then my moms car i wouldve just said the heck with it and rebuilt it throuh and through but ima just get a few more ponies out of it then alot of suspension and csmetics and prolly buy another maybe blown LT1 or something and build that one up so i have it when the other one goes.
                      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                      GOT PSi?

Comment

Yeah Im going to have to make a choice, Im going to have to do it. Im going to See if I can get what I want and go from there. Im going to Ask $10.5 OBO.

You guys think thats to much?
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                          Yeah Im going to have to make a choice, Im going to have to do it. Im going to See if I can get what I want and go from there. Im going to Ask $10.5 OBO.

You guys think thats to much?
                          how many miles
                          2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

It just topped 75K. Kinda hight but its worth a shoot.
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

sounds like a fair price after you probably will get talked down to the mid nines.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Look around on LS1tech.com to get an idea for pricing. You might want to try listing it there too. You might be able to pull a decent price
                                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                                SOLD- Good riddance!
                                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                                X