$4.89 a gallon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4.89 a gallon

Decided to get an economy........................bike.
    2008 CBR600rr. 118hp, 35+mpg if I take it easy. So the cars are gonna stay idle for a bit. It fits perfect in the garage.

2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Looks good, just watch out for the idiots on the road..
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

46 miles so far and Ive had it for 8 days
      2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

watch out........... just watch out.
        i sold my 87 yamaha fj1200 in 1992 after moving to VA from TX....because of the way folks drive around here, i knew if i kept riding, i was going down......

crippled for the rest of your life or worse?.....Is is worth it? go with your gut feeling.......

word to the wise..

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Enjoy the ride and be very careful. I had an 04 R1 and found myself doing stupid things. Especially around pretty girls. I also found out that due to the fact that most of these types of bikes are ridden by idiots, people in vehicles don't respect them. So, I ended up selling mine.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Im 45 and not a 19 year old. I ride responsibly. My daily commute is 8 miles each way. The camaro doesnt even warm up in 8 miles and the bimmer is the weekend ride.

Comment

Originally posted by msfyter
              Im 45 and not a 19 year old. I ride responsibly. My daily commute is 8 miles each way. The camaro doesnt even warm up in 8 miles and the bimmer is the weekend ride.
              Shoulda got Harley-Davidson my dad just got one last year.

My bro got hayabusa 1300cc it gets like 35-40 mpg. you should get like 40+
              1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Just filled up today ,I got 48 miles per gallon driving like a good boy.
                WOO HOO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
                  Shoulda got Harley-Davidson my dad just got one last year.

He didnt get a harley probably because he wants to ride his bike and enjoy it, not work on it all the time and wonder, will it get me there?
                  1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
                  1995 Silverado-beater truck
                  2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
                    He didnt get a harley probably because he wants to ride his bike and enjoy it, not work on it all the time and wonder, will it get me there?
                    Ouch, that would be older Harley's.
                    I love my 2006 Road Glide, comfy, reliable and gets 50MPG when I stay under 70MPH on the highway.

Comment

Nice Honda, msfyter.

Hey Ken I like that FJ. A friend overseas had the 1100 and it was fast. I'll be moving to VA in the fall and with the high gas prices I might look for a used FJ. Although I haven't checked to see how they are on insurance.

Driving a motorcycle you always have to look out for yourself and the other idiots as well. Don't assume they see you.

I used to have a Yamaha FZR1000 and it had dual yellow lights. They sure were bright and stood out a lot more than the regular ones.
                      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

The 600 CBR RR is a nice bike!

I would love to get a new bike, preferably a Victory Hammer, but it isn't cost effective for me living at 9,000 feet nestled back in the mountains on a dirt road. The Trans Am is already getting pretty beat up on my road. I am a little mixed about riding a street bike on five miles of loose sand and gravel.

Sounds pretty nice doing an 8 mile commute on a 600 CBR. My commute is 70 miles round trip in a Roadmaster Wagon or Yukon XL. It is all kind of a mess right now.
                        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 94Z/28
                          Well buying harley is like buying a vette. your pay for the name

But when your 40 years old you don't want no sportbike LOL!

But when your 20 you do. I want GSXR 1000
                          1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
                            Well buying harley is like buying a Ferrari/Lamborghini. you pay for the name
                            Fixed it for ya!
                            Greg W. in West Michigan
                            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                            <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Dan
                              Ouch, that would be older Harley's.
                              I love my 2006 Road Glide, comfy, reliable and gets 50MPG when I stay under 70MPH on the highway.

do you have a chain hooked to your wallet and tattoo's ?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                              X