No announcement yet.

I how much for a gear install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never mind keepin the stang ,went to the races,Conelite nows what im talking about,just smoked a supercharged 2006 mustang gt ,cause of driver Mod,(the dude just kept spinning)and a fast civic HB,happy with the stang faster then i thought
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
      never mind keepin the stang ,went to the races,Conelite nows what im talking about,just smoked a supercharged 2006 mustang gt ,cause of driver Mod,(the dude just kept spinning)and a fast civic HB,happy with the stang faster then i thought
      I dont understand why you would think your is faster than a 2006 S/C Rustang if he was spinning, I would not say you smoked him, Race him from a 45 roll and you would be checking out his tailpipes for a long while. He would, Im sure, would rip you a new one if he had traction, And is there such a thing "Fast" Civic? Not with out 6k under the hood.

My buddy has like like an '07 and with just intake, Exhaust, and headers he kept up with my Car from a roll. They are stock for stock, Faster than your car man.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

And is there such a thing "Fast" Civic?
        If it's being pushed by an f-body, yea.
        Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

I should also add, it ain't all about speed either. Whether or not you could actually beat a new Mustang in the 1/4 wouldn't make a difference to me.

Speed can be bought. How often are you doing upwards of 90-100 mph?

How much do you enjoy the car when you're just out cruising? When you're detailing it in your driveway? When it's not even near you, but you're talking to other people about it? Does it make you proud that you own it? To me, that's what owning a car is all about. Take Ken and his Soltice for example. Is it faster than, say, a C5 Vette? No, but it's fast enough, it's fun to drive, and he's genuinely happy to own it. That's a true car guy.

Believe me... There's always someone faster than you out there. Always. Sometimes it can be the car you beat last time out.

A friend of mine has an '81 Malibu (built) that would have eaten my '02 WS6 alive in the 1/4. He does low 12's with it fairly consistantly. He can't stand driving it unless it's at the track. I would agree.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

To add to That Steel, I drive my car around here in So.Cal. and I dont have one friend that owns one. Everyones into they're imports or Mustangs. There is only a select few that drive F-bodies and Actually know what they are driving. I enjoy driving my car. When ever I feel a little down I just take my car for a drive up to the canyons and cheers me right up. Cant say my honda used to do that, And it handled close to what my F-body does. But there is nothing like having the tops down hitting curves!

I take a lot of pride in owning mine. Mustang are a dime a dozen in my opinion. My buddies Stang Now has gears and some other junk, and Im sure it will beat me, But How many people have Stangs? Its just not as commen.

I have been on a lot of dates, And easy out of about 25+ girls I have picked up since i have got my car, Not one had ever been in an F-body. Thats what I like.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

, And is there such a thing "Fast" Civic? Not with out 6k under the hood.

it was a 93 civic Hb with a k20 motor and boltons,thats a fast civic,the k20 motor is from the new acura rsx type S 210 hp
              2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

it was a 93 civic Hb with a k20 motor and boltons,thats a fast civic,the k20 motor is from the new acura rsx type S 210 hp
                Thats about a 6-7 grand swap. I have raced an EG hatch fully gutted and walked all over it. Beat it without pulling full throttle. Nothing exciting. Sad for an engine swap.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                  Thats about a 6-7 grand swap. I have raced an EG hatch fully gutted and walked all over it. Beat it without pulling full throttle. Nothing exciting. Sad for an engine swap.
                  he had a intake and exhaust,we were dead even 1st and 2nd gear and I started pullin on him at the end of 3rd,beat him by a car,everone thought I was spraying that night,I was just hooking real well beat the roush supercharged stang by 2 cars

Comment

we were dead even 1st and 2nd gear and I started pullin on him at the end of 3rd,beat him by a car
                    You are in a stang, keep that in mind!

JK
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                      You are in a stang, keep that in mind!

JK
                      that civic was no joke,before me he beat 94 Z28,mods unknown,And a turbo AWD eagle talon,
                      A car that weighs 1,900 pounds with a 210hp engine,is not slow

Comment

I had Strange gears installed for $550. To put it back to stock (for gas reasons) with my 3.42 ring and pinion, he charges $225.
                        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                          I had Strange gears installed for $550. To put it back to stock (for gas reasons) with my 3.42 ring and pinion, he charges $225.
                          thats cheap,how bad was ur gas with 4;10's

Comment

thats cheap,how bad was ur gas with 4;10's
                            I lost about 4-6 miles per gallon. On a trip I averaged 27-29 depending on how hot I was going generally 85-95. The last trip I averaged 23 and I had to keep it around 80. If I kept it below 75, I could have averaged 24 or so. I never got less then 18 in the city and it gets about 14 now.

The car has about 103,000 miles so some of the loss could be age...dished lifters, worn cam lobes, carbon in the cats, deposits on the injectors, and so on. I suppose if I replaced some of these parts I could get 2 or 3 mpg back.
                            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                            X