oil fields

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild Willy
    Most of the time, if a job pays well, there is a reson- It might be hot, dirty, loud, and/or dangerous. Maybe the work is so bad that the employer has a high turnover rate for the employees, so they bump the $ up to keep people around-

You're probably not going to get a good wage for just sitting around reading unless you are highly trained or educated, and you get paid for your knowledge or expertise in a field-
    That about sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Willy
      Most of the time, if a job pays well, there is a reson- It might be hot, dirty, loud, and/or dangerous. Maybe the work is so bad that the employer has a high turnover rate for the employees, so they bump the $ up to keep people around-

I worked one summer on a garbage truck, and it was a great work-out. Really built up my arms and back for when I went back to school- and it was dirty, and smelly- you had a route to get done, and you could take your time, and make it last all day, or go like heck and spend a couple hours relaxing at the landfill after emptying the truck- your choice-

Another dangerous job that can pay well, but requires travel away is a commercial fishing job- kind of hit-or-miss, make a great catch and have lots of money, have a bad trip and barely break even.

You're probably not going to get a good wage for just sitting around reading unless you are highly trained or educated, and you get paid for your knowledge or expertise in a field-
      +1,my friend works there and he say's 4-5 hours of the day its real hard and a very dirty job.you work 12 hour shifts,and you can get hurt.they will start you off between 12-$16.50@hour.but you have the chance to advance and make good money.Right now I work for a small famly company,Where im not really going to advance cause were not big enough and dont make enough money.Ill get a wage increase ever couple of years,they will probaly start me at $12.75,but after a year or so i could be makin $25.My friend has worked there for 6months and has went from $12.75 to $17.50.But im worried if i go there I will hate the job,or get hurt.
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Working...
      X