No announcement yet.

Which would you choose if you had the choice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, call me a traditionalist, or an old phart, but- internal combustion all the way- I like to take my car on road trips, 200 mile day is something I do a couple times a week, and a long weekend might be 1600-2000 miles- I turn Pittsburgh from upstate NY a few times a year (family)

A hybrid, maybe, where I could get the cruising range I need without stopping every couple hours. Besides, people 'think' electrics don't pollute- wait a few years when all those lithium and hydride battery packs start hitting the waste stream- and, how do you generate the electric power to recharge with? Coal, oil, or nuclear? Build enough electric vehicles, and our whole electric generation and distribution infrastructure is going to need a major upgrade when 100 million people come home from work and plug their cars in....

If I lived in the city, and drove 10 miles to work each day, I could use a commuter electric car- but, for camping, vacationing, sight-seeing, or, even field days of work, electric isn't there, yet. We have CNG powered cars at work, and even the Hondas only have about a 140 mile range- if where you are going doesn't have the high-pressure fill up facility, you have to use a gas vehicle, or plan on walking back-
    2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
    "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Working...
    X