GM & SLP Just messed up BIG time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM & SLP Just messed up BIG time

I found this over at LS1 tech, apparently it was announced at the indy bash and is true. I am more than pissed off and I think it is a HORRIBLE idea.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Wow, they really can't think of another name to call it? I think its a cool looking car, but to call it a firehawk is just wrong.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Good God no!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Thats gotta be a joke.....its a G8 and only a G8
        2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

And here it is:

Originally posted by David Hamburger
          I just drove the 12 hours back from Indy. This is real and we've been planning it for the last year.

I will comment more tomorrow, but for now the actual Teaser brochure that I gave away at the CamaroZ28.com banquet and at the track:

I cannot get into performance questions/answers quite yet, but lets just say the performance on our Supercharged model is more than impressive, 50 state legal and fully warranted.

The reaction was overwhelming with the exception of a few snide remarks from past F-Body Firehawk owners who obviously think we should have let the name die.

*Please note the circled "R" next to the Firehawk logo - The Firehawk logo/script is a registered Trademark of SLP.

Regards,

David Hamburger
          SLP Performance
          www.slponline.com

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

SLP
            2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

It is NO JOKE...

you can even sign up for the news letter. Safe to say, I am well beyond disgusted...
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

and it includes the v6 models???? <-----slp
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

The name doesn't even make any sense. There is no mention of fire or a bird in the G8 name. Why don't they call it the "Summit"?

This is nothing more than cashing in on a favorite factory tuner name. It's a nice looking car, sure, but the Firehawk lives and dies with the Firebird. Just sad...
                  SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                  Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                    The name doesn't even make any sense. There is no mention of fire or a bird in the G8 name. Why don't they call it the "Summit"?

This is nothing more than cashing in on a favorite factory tuner name. It's a nice looking car, sure, but the Firehawk lives and dies with the Firebird. Just sad...
                    slp has crossed the line. 4 doors... a v6.. they have ruined the ledgend.

the name firehawk is about the firestone firehawk perf tire...slp leases the name from firestone..its got nothing to do with firebirds... they chose the firebird for the platform...

they have ruined it now.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs

the name firehawk is about the firestone firehawk perf time...slp leases the name from firestone..its got nothing to do with firebirds... they chose the firebird for the platform...

they have ruined it now.
                      So SLP leases the name from Firestone? i knew firestone had Firehawk tires (had them on my old Grand Prix), but I guess I never put two and two together. Still, I would think they chose the Firebird as the platform because the name made sense, no? Firehawk sounds like a nastier version of a Firebird. At least to me.

Anyway... I don't understand why companies can't just come up with new names. Let the G8 tuner stand on it's own. Now it will be compared with the original Firehawk, which in my opinion, is a battle it cannot win.
                      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs

the name firehawk is about the firestone firehawk perf time...slp leases the name from firestone..its got nothing to do with firebirds... they chose the firebird for the platform...

they have ruined it now.

maybe I should mimmick you, sell the Frehawk and go the 'vette route ...

The comments and anger was so extreme from both sides, on the firehawk site, that the thread was deleted... later both sides mellowed out in another thread
                        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                        pics and info

Comment

What kind of....[pauses to think of forum-appropriate words]....idiot came up with this....[another frustrated pause]....moronic idea? It's bad enough GM has no plans to bring back the Firebird or Trans Am name (a name that, by all rights, carries more weight than Camaro, sorry to those of you who wear the bowtie), now this?

Comment

Sad to say, but Dave has become a real "Money Wh@$&" over the past 5 years.

You ever see the crap he sells on E-bay? This guy has become an embarrassment to the F-body world. Most of his listings show the part next to a girl's crotch, butt, or on her chest. Really tasteless IMHO.

I met him back in 1994 before the Ram Air cars were announced. I asked him if he would sell the Ram Air box and hood and he arrogantly told me to "F-off". I even told him I wouldn't be trying to pass the car off as a Firehawk...just wanted more power. He stopped and said he'd sell me the parts for $10K. If I didn't like it, I could get lost (although his terminology was vulgar and "to the point").

This guy has lost all of my respect. Might be time to remove the SLP (free) advertising from my car for good. I'm starting to understand why GM yanked his Tier 1 contract on the Ram Air cars back in 97.
                            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

I seriously have a gagging sensation when I look at those pictures.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                              X