No announcement yet.

GM & SLP Just messed up BIG time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good news is, Saleen no longer has an exlusivitey contract with Ford. They've already built a few Saleen Challengers, and I'm sure they would do right by GM... Better than SLP can apparentley muster.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Not to hijack, but isn't Saleen making a Camaro?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
        Not to hijack, but isn't Saleen making a Camaro?
        Steve Saleen wants to, and the rumor is 2010. The Challenger, however, has been confirmed (and a couple have already been built)...

This car in a burnt orange metallic...

If this car is everything I've read, I'm putting my fund towards this one. 4,000+ lbs or not.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I like the G8 and all, but why use Firehawk as a nameplate for a SLP-ed G8???

Still, wishing that they had a 'bird to put the Firehawk moniker on...
          1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
          2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
          1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Seeing the word "Firehawk" on something other than a Firebird/TransAm just doesn't do it for me.

Comment

This kind of reminds me of Shelby and the front wheel drive Dodges of the 1980's he had his name on. Now 20 years later everyone seems to have forgotten about those transgretions. Hopefully 20 years from now nobody will remember the V6 Firehawk G8, and instead will remember the better days of SLP from the early to mid 90's, but the powers that be seem to be determined on ruining whatever equity they had in the SLP name.

I remember when I bought my 97 Camaro SS, SLP said they'd not sell the parts to people who weren't verified owners of the cars, but a year or so after GM dropped their contracts, up went all the parts for sale, even blank dash badges that were used to engrave a car's production number. Nice, real nice. I don't think I'd ever buy an SLP anything anymore.

Comment

I bought my first Pontiac in 1966 - a GTO with the 389 Tri-Power and a 4-speed. I've remained loyal to Pontiac for the intervening 42 years, but they've just pushed me over the edge. SLP was already on my (poop) list. Pontiac has joined them.

Really a lame idea.... to the point of being obscene.
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I have firehawk tires on my camaro .....so I now drive a firehawk camaro
                  2000 Z28 SLP sub frames, J&M LCA's, KYB shocks, Waitforme tuning. Ported TB & intake 35/22 swaybars, Firehawk tires

Comment

All I can say is BOOOO!!!!
                    My DD
                    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Well, now I am embarrased to be part of the f-body community.
                      I don't particualry like the Firehawk name on a G8 either but the personal attacks and the name calling is not voicing an opinion about the car.

If you hate SLP and Dave that much, speak with your wallet and don't make these personal attacks. I didn't think our community was about that.

This is a family business that is trying to make a living, not to mention keeping 100+ other people employed and putting food on their tables. I am sure these are tough decisions and they won't get them all right.

I can't wait to see the supercharger and how it will fit on my 5th Gen Camaro!

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                        SLP was already on my (poop) list.
                        Why? (if you don't mind)

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Really!!?!

What a disgrace!
                          -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
                          2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Dan
                            I don't particualry like the Firehawk name on a G8 either but the personal attacks and the name calling is not voicing an opinion about the car.

If you hate SLP and Dave that much, speak with your wallet and don't make these personal attacks. I didn't think our community was about that.

This is a family business that is trying to make a living, not to mention keeping 100+ other people employed and putting food on their tables. I am sure these are tough decisions and they won't get them all right.

im not bashing Dave or Ed..... im bashing the v6 4 door g8 firehawk.. come on Dan...... the Firehawk is a performance standard........ what kind of marketing scheme its that?... everybody has to make money...but my God...lets have some pride.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That's like making front drive, V6 CMalibu, and slapping a ZR-1 logo on it. Pathetic. It's bad enough that Chevy put SS badges all over nearly every vehicle in their line-up a while back, but now this? What is the world coming to?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Dan

A bad decision is a bad decision.

Whether they are a small business or a large business doesn't relieve them from using good judgement. And who made a "personal" attack? If you think that's what I did, you are totally off base. They made a bad decision, to the point of insulting the legend. Sure, they created the legend, but they have shown little loyalty to the customer base that allowed them to become what they are today. They have abandoned the LT1 community, discontinuing many of their decent (if somewhat overpriced) parts. Seemed like they wanted to become all things to all people, including Mustang owners, etc. They made a decision to move in a different direction. Their right to do it, my right to shake my head.

Its their right to develop and grow their business in any way they want. Its an individual's right to say their judgement sucks. If you feel that somehow violates some imagined F-Body.com community code of ethics for this site, I'm totally confused.

If our purpose as a community is to kiss Pontiac or SLP's butt, count me out.
                                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                                X