Turtle Wax ICE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryan34
    I loved he turtle wax ice on my GREEN firebird....but i didn't like it so much on my BLACK stratus....Don't know why color made a difference but i could see the "greasiness" of the turtle wax on my black car.
    thats cause its loaded with silicones.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I have to chime in here. At the risk of sounding "cult"-ish, I have to stick with ken on this one. For anyone that stays away from Zaino becuase of the price, think of it this way: If you need to apply a new coat of wax every 2-3 weeks to maintain the finish, you are probably going to be using a lot of product every month. Not to mention, like Ken said, you are removing the old product with every new coat you put on. Now look at the Zaino products. If you apply one coat, which Sal insists that you put on as sparingly as possible (Kind of goes against the norm of trying to get you to use it up quick so you buy more) , and your finish will bead water for easily a few months. If you take the time and put 2-3 on in one day, the results are amazing. I have been using the same bottle of Z-5 Pro for months now. About the only thing I have to buy more of often is the Z-6 detailing spray because I use it often in lieu of washing it if it has been in the garage. Anway, I just have to say, if you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot. I know I'll never go back to waxes.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Ditto. Zaino is not expensive, when you consider how little you need to apply, and how long it last.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Granted, My car's paint is not as clean as Ken's but I spent about $75 of car detail products in the last year. Thats not bad.

When I have some extra cash I do want to try Zaino. But with all the different kinds I dont know where to start.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            Granted, My car's paint is not as clean as Ken's but I spent about $75 of car detail products in the last year. Thats not bad.

When I have some extra cash I do want to try Zaino. But with all the different kinds I dont know where to start.
            simple, you ask us, or read up on his site. it just depends on how far you want to take the detail of your car.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

TRue, All I want is a wax that I dont have to apply every 2 weeks.

Im not going to go as extreme as you Ken, not that its a bad thing by any means. Simply something that will keep my paint smooth so all i have to do is dust it off every day.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Just to put things in perspective, I paid about $75 last year for a collection of Zaino products. I've still not used up all the stuff. You may pay more, but it lasts longer.

Comment

Im not going to go as extreme as you Ken, not that its a bad thing by any means. Simply something that will keep my paint smooth so all i have to do is dust it off every day.
                  then clay it twice a year. use z5pro with zfx, and follow with z6 touch ups. all you need.

Comment

Use Nu-Finish... The once a year car polish!

I might be kidding a little...
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Steel2686
                      Use Nu-Finish... The once a year car polish!

I might be kidding a little...
                      Oh for sure ima try that stuff.

LMAO yeah right.

Thanks for the reply ken. Ill see if I can opt. up for some Zaino and Maybe ill become a follower.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

You laugh, but truth be told, Nu-Finish is not bad stuff.

I used it 20 years ago and the stuff was VERY good. Consumer Reports annually tests car polishes/waxes. Granted, Zaino is not on the list, but all of your other "major" players are (Meguires, Zymol, 3m, etc)

Every year, Nu-Finish rates as one of the best...even to this day. It may be silly sounding...but the tests prove it's not really that bad. Super durable, easy to apply...and CHEAP!

However...yes, I use Zaino
                        Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
                        X