No announcement yet.

Got to check out a new Challenger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like them, but I just can't really get into the styling. I dunno, maybe it is just a little too old school for me. From the side, it is just way too plain looking. Like just huge sheets of flat sheet metal with no curves or seams. With the stripes, it looks ok, but with just paint it doesn't do much for me. I think I like the Charger SRT better.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Today I decided to stop at a dealership to see if they had any Challengers. They had two on the lot a V6 and an R/T. Both cars are very similar in appearance and both had similar options as well.

I had a chance to really look the car over from top to bottom and it is indeed a nice car. I also got to drive the RT version (with an automatic) as well since I guess they thought I was a hot prospect. Since the salesman was with me I really couldn't "get on it" but it didn't feel quite as peppy as my LS1 Camaro. That could be due to the transmission (I have a six speed manual) or the torque curve of the engine because it has more advertised horsepower than an LS1. It handles well and rides well too. But it is a BIG car and feels much bigger than my Camaro.

Overall I was favorably impressed but the styling is still kind of bland to me. On the other hand, I would say to anyone who likes the car to go test drive one. It's a nice car.
      2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
        Today I decided to stop at a dealership to see if they had any Challengers. They had two on the lot a V6 and an R/T. Both cars are very similar in appearance and both had similar options as well.

I had a chance to really look the car over from top to bottom and it is indeed a nice car. I also got to drive the RT version (with an automatic) as well since I guess they thought I was a hot prospect. Since the salesman was with me I really couldn't "get on it" but it didn't feel quite as peppy as my LS1 Camaro. That could be due to the transmission (I have a six speed manual) or the torque curve of the engine because it has more advertised horsepower than an LS1. It handles well and rides well too. But it is a BIG car and feels much bigger than my Camaro.

Overall I was favorably impressed but the styling is still kind of bland to me. On the other hand, I would say to anyone who likes the car to go test drive one. It's a nice car.
        It felt slugish because it was about 750 pounds more than your car.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
        X