No announcement yet.

I hate walmart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make it a policy of mine now to check a few obscure things when I buy a car:

Where's the oil drain plug?
    Where's the oil filter?
    How does the belt go on (is it easy)?

Life is so much easier if you can find a car that is an easy answer to all three.
    1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
    1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Originally posted by 3800_Firebird
      I make it a policy of mine now to check a few obscure things when I buy a car:

Where's the oil drain plug?
      Where's the oil filter?
      How does the belt go on (is it easy)?

Life is so much easier if you can find a car that is an easy answer to all three.
      Buy a 95 style Silverado. Everything is so easy to get at. My Dad has one ha ha ha.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

One time I made an exception and took my mother's car to a valvoline. They had a sign out front that said $19.95 oil change. I thought to myself, that is pretty good considering it is snowing out and I want to do this for my mother. So, I wheeled in there and low and behold the tech came in and showed me the air filter. It looked dirty so I asked how much to replace it. He said $14.99. I told him to go ahead. Well, when the bill rang up, the filter was $39.99. To make a long story short, I had the guy dead to rights and the manager took care of the problem. They are just crooks. That was the exception. It will never happen again.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
          Buy a 95 style Silverado. Everything is so easy to get at. My Dad has one ha ha ha.
          Um...have you done an oil change on that Silverado? The oil filter (unless it's 2wd) is NOT easy to get at without being a monkey or removing the driveshaft. I had to develop a special filter wrench to be able to put it on/take it off.

Comment

Originally posted by 99Firebird3800
            Um...have you done an oil change on that Silverado? The oil filter (unless it's 2wd) is NOT easy to get at without being a monkey or removing the driveshaft. I had to develop a special filter wrench to be able to put it on/take it off.
            I'm a monkey...
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by 99Firebird3800
              in so Cal. no need for 4WD brother. ha ha hah aa

Of course its 2wd. And yes I have been doing the oil changes on that truck since I was 11 (Im 22 now).
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                in so Cal. no need for 4WD brother. ha ha hah aa

Of course its 2wd. And yes I have been doing the oil changes on that truck since I was 11 (Im 22 now).
                LOL...well in that case, yeah it's easy to get at. If you ever get a chance, look at how it's mounted in a 4x4...I've been looking through junkyards trying to find a remote mount unit from a blazer/s-10 (it attaches to the block fine, but I want to move the filter someplace that makes SOME sense!).

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                  I'm a monkey...
                  Why do I believe that?

Comment

Working...
                  X