Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guns and ammunition...

http://www.nrahuntersrights.org/Article.aspx?id=1015
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Yes, banning lead core ammunition will definitely happen beyond just the left coast. The EPA will adopt this policy nationally under the Obama administration. The cost of shooting will skyrocket. Barnes http://www.barnesbullets.com/ is the leading company for copper and tungsten core bullets...they are EXPEN$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$IVE. Additionally, we will no longer be able to use the Nosler Partition for big game. The Army was already faced with tungsten core alternatives to keep training facilities open.

The legitimate problem with lead is that varmints are shot with lead and sometimes the lead fragments are consumed by scavengers like the California Condor. Banning lead from all shooting is pretty extreme, but these people don't care. Serial numbers, taxes, and a prohibition on reloading are next plus a database on who is buying what. The Brady Campaign and Handgun Control Inc. are both happier then pigs in $h*t. Read their stuff as well as the EPA and brace for impact.

This is only the beginning...it is going to get a lot worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Holy crap! At first I thought oh $16 for a box of .357s isn't that bad until I noticed it was for 20! That's $40 for a box of 50 compared to about $12 for 50 lead core. wow!
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
        Holy crap! At first I thought oh $16 for a box of .357s isn't that bad until I noticed it was for 20! That's $40 for a box of 50 compared to about $12 for 50 lead core. wow!
        That is $40 for just the bullet not the case, powder, and primer.

Just think...I pay $6.25 for 50 158gr JHP to load .357; Actually, I order 1000 at a time at $125.

You have not seen anything yet. Expect ammo to go to $1.00 to $2.00 a round for pistol and $2.00 to $3.00 a round for rifle if the serial number thing becomes law. The tungsten and copper core will level off at prices 30% to 50% higher after all the companies retool for lead free production. The Barnes prices will come down, somewhat. However, The serial number policy will drive up the cost well over 100% and reloads will be illegal. I am so delighted to know that the black market will have plenty of lead core ammunition with no serial numbers while the law abiding gun owner gets screwed!
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
          That is $40 for just the bullet not the case, powder, and primer.
          OMG I didn't realize that! I need to go buy ammo. Lots of ammo.

Comment

I am so delighted to know that the black market will have plenty of lead core ammunition with no serial numbers while the law abiding gun owner gets screwed!
            Speaking of black market, I was thinking about that last night. If Obama and the dems ban handguns ie a prohibition on handguns, it will create a HUGE black market for handguns similar to the alcohol prohibition of the late 20s early 30s. Is everybody ready to live through that again?

Comment

Speaking of black market, I was thinking about that last night. If Obama and the dems ban handguns ie a prohibition on handguns, it will create a HUGE black market for handguns similar to the alcohol prohibition of the late 20s early 30s. Is everybody ready to live through that again?
              I doubt there will be an outright ban on handguns as long as DC vs. Heller is law...although, if Kennedy or Scalia leave the Supreme Court, our right to bear arms is in jeopardy. However, there will likely be a ban on the production of semi-auto handguns and magazines. Under the DC vs. Heller decision, the Federal government can ban certain types of firearms as long as an individual has a weapon available in their home. It can be argued that revolvers are sufficient. It is likely that the new firearms legislation will target the production of all semi-auto firearms while arguing that hunters and home defense is served with bolt action rifles and revolvers.

I don't know what they will do as far as possession laws. If Obama, Reid, and Pelosi intact any federal possession laws of semi-auto or bans on concealed carry, they will suffer greatly at the polls in two years. They will most likely stay with the PC term of banning new production of Assault Rifles/Weapons to keep public support of their initiatives.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Jeff,

Read up on the Canadian law...this is the model for those now in power. I imagine these will be introduced during the next congress.

In 1995, Bill C-68 introduced new, stricter, gun control legislation. The current legislation provides harsher penalties for crimes involving firearm use, licenses to possess and acquire firearms, and registration of all firearms, including shotguns and rifles. This legislation was upheld by the Supreme Court in Reference re Firearms Act (2000). The FAC system was replaced with Possession Only Licences (POLs) and Possession and Acquisition Licences (PALs).

n 1991, Bill C-17 tightened up restrictions and established controls on any firearms that had a military or paramilitary appearance. Legislation also made changes to the FAC system. FAC applicants were now required to pass a firearms safety course, pass a more thorough background check, and wait a minimum of 28 days after applying for an FAC before being issued one. Finally in addition to the above changes, laws were put into place that restricted ownership of high capacity magazines, limiting handguns to 10 rounds and most semi-automatic rifles to 5. The restrictions did not cover rimfire rifles or manual ( e.g., bolt action rifles).

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Jeff,

Read up on the Canadian law...this is the model for those now in power. I imagine these will be introduced during the next congress.

In 1995, Bill C-68 introduced new, stricter, gun control legislation. The current legislation provides harsher penalties for crimes involving firearm use, licenses to possess and acquire firearms, and registration of all firearms, including shotguns and rifles. This legislation was upheld by the Supreme Court in Reference re Firearms Act (2000). The FAC system was replaced with Possession Only Licences (POLs) and Possession and Acquisition Licences (PALs).

n 1991, Bill C-17 tightened up restrictions and established controls on any firearms that had a military or paramilitary appearance. Legislation also made changes to the FAC system. FAC applicants were now required to pass a firearms safety course, pass a more thorough background check, and wait a minimum of 28 days after applying for an FAC before being issued one. Finally in addition to the above changes, laws were put into place that restricted ownership of high capacity magazines, limiting handguns to 10 rounds and most semi-automatic rifles to 5. The restrictions did not cover rimfire rifles or manual ( e.g., bolt action rifles).
                  Canada doesn't have that pesky 2nd ammendment to contend with.

Comment

Canada doesn't have that pesky 2nd ammendment to contend with.
                    These restrictions would be allowed by DC vs Heller.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

These restrictions would be allowed by DC vs Heller.
                      Didn't the supreme court just throw out that law in DC.?

Comment

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/court-a...ight-to-a-gun/
                        In District of Columbia v. Heller (07-290), the Court nullified two provisions of the city of Washington’s strict 1976 gun control law: a flat ban on possessing a gun in one’s home, and a requirement that any gun — except one kept at a business — must be unloaded and disassembled or have a trigger lock in place. The Court said it was not passing on a part of the law requiring that guns be licensed. It said that issuing a license to a handgun owner, so the weapon can be used at home, would be a sufficient remedy for the Second Amendment violation of denying any access to a handgun.
                        Doesn't prevent registration or restrictions on the types of firearms you can posses.

Which is what Heller found out when he tried to register a semi-auto handgun after the decision and was denied by D.C..

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/arc...dc_gun_permit/

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Didn't the supreme court just throw out that law in DC.?
                          It rests on this:

"like most rights, the Second Amendment is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose."

, which is pretty open ended.

...as long as we have handguns and rifles available; most restrictions should be upheld. A federal prohibition on concealed carry may be overturned.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Registration is the first step to confiscation. You probably already know that.

Hey, your AR-15 is suddenly illegal to own - turn it in for nothing in return, or you are a felon. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                              Registration is the first step to confiscation. You probably already know that.

Hey, your AR-15 is suddenly illegal to own - turn it in for nothing in return, or you are a felon. Nice.
                              +1
                              I just bought another pistol...
                              Greg W. in West Michigan
                              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                              <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                              X