Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big brother will never know.....

https://www.vbd.com/noc/shop/product...&ProductID=122

It's perfectly legal to own, too... As long as YOU made it YOURSELF and you can prove it (preferably with photographs), and you never ever ever ever sell it. You stamp it with your own personal markings and never have to tell big brother you have it. It can only be passed on to family in the event you die.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      Big brother will never know.....

https://www.vbd.com/noc/shop/product...&ProductID=122

It's perfectly legal to own, too... As long as YOU made it YOURSELF and you can prove it (preferably with photographs), and you never ever ever ever sell it. You stamp it with your own personal markings and never have to tell big brother you have it. It can only be passed on to family in the event you die.
      True, however, a stripped lower can be had for less than a hundred. All you have to do is have someone buy it and then sell it to you(kinda like the bum outside the liquor store ). There name is on the paperwork and they can say they sold it to a guy at a gunshow or etc...But hey, if you have the machinery to do it, you can't beat the experience. I built an ak pistol and am currently building an ak underfolder. They are MUCH easier to build than the ar...fun stuff.

ETA:The above in red is considered a straw purchase and would be illegal. Further digging has proved this. -FroSSty
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

Picked up a stripped Panther lower today for $135. Now I need a parts kit and a stock.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
          Picked up a stripped Panther lower today for $135. Now I need a parts kit and a stock.
          I just got a stripped DPMS lower the other day...Is that what you mean by panther? A lot of people refer to DPMS as panther.
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
            I just got a stripped DPMS lower the other day...Is that what you mean by panther? A lot of people refer to DPMS as panther.
            I bought a DPMS lower last September fully assembled with collapsible stock for $225 out the door.
            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yup, DPMS = Panther
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                I bought a DPMS lower last September fully assembled with collapsible stock for $225 out the door.
                That's a good deal!

Typical prices are like this right now----
                $135 - receiver
                $55 - parts kit
                $50 - stock

$240 total
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

What parts kits are you looking at TraceZ?
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  <Motor out

Comment

What parts kits are you looking at TraceZ?
                    I dunno.... how about this one? This is the one my Dad got, should I get something different?

http://www.model1sales.com/item-deta...TOKEN=36077518
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

It doesn't say who manufactures that one. I don't think you can really go wrong with a lpk. It is the trigger that is important. If it is just a plinker gun, a worked over(polished) stock trigger will suit you just fine. I am looking at either the rra lpk or dpms with a trigger upgrade. Just waitin' for the right sale...
                      Greg W. in West Michigan
                      <Motor out

Comment

It doesn't say who manufactures that one. I don't think you can really go wrong with a lpk. It is the trigger that is important. If it is just a plinker gun, a worked over(polished) stock trigger will suit you just fine. I am looking at either the rra lpk or dpms with a trigger upgrade. Just waitin' for the right sale...
                        Can you post some links?

I found this one from STAG Arms for $65 but did not see a LPK.

http://mooneysfirearms.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=117

The RRA is $70

http://mooneysfirearms.com/index.asp...PROD&ProdID=63
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:

Comment

Here is the DPMS parts kit for $64.95

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=943
                          Tracy
                          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                          Current Mods:

Comment

I typically watch the Equipment Exchange on ar15.com for deals.
                            Greg W. in West Michigan
                            <Motor out

Comment

Stag is another good mfg.
                              Greg W. in West Michigan
                              <Motor out

Comment

Please let me know when you see a good price on the RRA LPK. The more reading I do the more it looks like that is the best one.
                                Tracy
                                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                                Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                                X