Cook County, Illinois gun ban threat...it starts already in 0bama land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook County, Illinois gun ban threat...it starts already in 0bama land

I saw this on another board and thought, with all the talk here, why not...

ISRA Alert:
    Cook County Phone Poll For Gun Control Ordinance Is Still Active

Larry Suffredin and his cohorts on the Cook County Board are up to their old tricks again.

In order to justify passage of gun control ordinances designed to close all gun shops and ban and confiscate most guns owned by citizens of the county, the Cook County Board is conducting a telephone poll where callers can vote for or against the gun control ordinances.

Like everything else in Cook County, this poll is probably rigged. So, it’s very important that you do the following:

1. Call 1-312 -603-6400 and select Option #1 when prompted. At the next prompt, select Option #1 again. Then, when prompted to vote on the gun control ordinance, press #2.

2. You should also forward this alert on to all your gun owning friends and have them vote too.

3. You should also post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards or blogs to which you belong.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A RESIDENT OF COOK COUNTY TO VOTE!

Let’s beat Suffredin at his own game! And, save your guns
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Funny. I live in Cook County AKA 'Crook' County. A county of not what you know, but who you know.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Done .
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

http://www.isra.org/cook_county/isra..._01062008.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1780023/posts
        I think I would be moving out of that county.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3329

I'm not so sure this bill would pass a supreme court test for 2nd amendment violation. It just really sucks that people can do this and all we can do is hope the supreme court throws it out.

This is one reason who is elected president is so important. A conservative would say this is a violation of the 2nd amendment and throw it out. A liberal would look at this and say well I don't like guns either so I am going to say the law is ok. No. That is not the way the people who set this country up expected it to work. The supreme court is supposed to rule on whether the law violates the constitution or some other law passed in the past not how they "feel" about it.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Good find!

I'm going to spread it around also.

Reposted on http://www.handgunforum.net

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
          '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

damn uneducated radicals...

done: voted

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
              Funny. I live in Cook County AKA 'Crook' County. A county of not what you know, but who you know.
              Sorry to hear about that...The thing is, YOU have a lot of power in his quest for attorney general. Vote and make sure everyone you know is aware of his extreme stance on gun rights.
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
              <Motor out

Comment

Done and cross-posting now.
                "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Done voted.

Comment

I don't understand. Some people just don't learn from the past. Anytime you outlaw something, you just create an underground, and it makes things worse.
                    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

didn't Washington DC go all the way to the supreme court and lost a lawsuit saying their ban was UNCONSTITUTIONAL . Cannot believe Cook countly is trying to do this AFTER this court decision in the highest court in the land...
                      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                      pics and info

Comment

They need to change the law making new laws pass a constitution check BEFORE it is made the law rather than after.

Comment

Voted and passed it on to the firearms section of my local 4x4 forum.

I am sending in my NRA renewal on Friday. I hope everybody joins and donates in so much as our budgets allow. Come January, we will need representation with a pretty big war chest.
                          '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                          '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                          '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                          '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                          '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                          My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                            They need to change the law making new laws pass a constitution check BEFORE it is made the law rather than after.
                            This is an example of what I am talking about.
                            http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com...930426-100.stm
                            "Who really cares about it being unconstitutional?" said Councilwoman Tonya Payne, a supporter. "This is what's right to do, and if this means that we have to go out and have a court battle, then that's fine ... "

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                              This is an example of what I am talking about.
                              http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com...930426-100.stm
                              "Who really cares about it being unconstitutional?" said Councilwoman Tonya Payne, a supporter. "This is what's right to do, and if this means that we have to go out and have a court battle, then that's fine ... "
                              I don't see a problem with that law at all. It's not like it is restricting gun rights. All you have to do is report your weapon as stolen within 24 hours. In early nineties Pittsburgh went through a wave of gang violence. Recently, stolen guns have been used by those released from prison who committed crimes during the gang violence. A new wave of violence has caused crime to jump here over the last two years....almost all of it involves a stolen gun. There is a legal loophole strengthening the gun trade:

Advocates appearing before council today argued that people called straw purchasers frequently buy guns, then sell them to criminals who could not pass the required background checks. When the guns are used in crimes and traced back to the straw purchaser, he or she just claims the weapon was lost or stolen. Unless that can be disproved, the straw purchaser is off the hook.

"It's a loophole that allows illegal gun traffickers to simply state that a weapon was stolen," said Councilman William Peduto, one of three authors of the bill along with Council President Doug Shields and Councilman Bruce Kraus.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X