No announcement yet.

long distance parking...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not just young punks that have no respect...

Back in 05, my wife and I decided to treat ourselves and bought a loaded Honda Odyssey Touring. (yeah...I know, but with 3 little kids, we need it )

Anyway, this thing cost us $42 large (on a lease of course). Now, we both make good money, but living in NJ...it doesn't go far at all. So, this thing really was at the absolute most we could afford without puttin' a hurtin' on the household.

So, 12 days after we get it...well, you know the rest. We parked it out of the way, and went into Target to buy the kids clothes. When we came out, some fool put a 18 inch long crease in the lower quarter panel right in front of the rear wheel. It was so bad, we had trouble opening the sliding door.

They left no note, no apology...nothing! I walked up and down the lot looking for the car with the obvious damage to the front end that hit us, but never found them. It wound up costing us $1100 to fix...the average American s@$ks! No respect for themselves, others property, or any other living thing for that matter!
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by wolfdogs
      LOL.. I reached a new level today.....

sunny day this afternoon, took the vette to the new gym here in town .... got there, and the place was jammed... the whole shopping center lot... i usually park it right by road just the otherside of where you will see it in the pic, on the end... nobody goes down there.. but there were cars everywhere...

so I drove around scoping out the situation... almost went home (1.5 miles) and came back in the commuter van... then spotted the Cardinal Bank... its a slow bank... there are parking places in back of it for some reason.... the customers use the side and front of course... so i parked the vette on the end in the back, and a huge picture glass window in the bank faces those parking spaces (security)...

I could see it from inside the gym through the windows too..

on the way out of the gym I thought I would cell phone pic it... LOL

anal? hell yeah....dont want no rowdy kids and lame ass folks walking all around it, brushing up against it, or whatever.. "out of site....out of mind"......

Those spots don't always work...

I used to work at a music store in the mall back in the days when I had the T/A. I never parked it in the mall's parking lot, instead I parked it across next to a Pier One Imports store. There were hardley any cars that parked there so it was a perfect spot....so I thought.

One Holloween night after work, I went to my car and discovered it was egged. It made a great target because it was the only car there. I got lucky though...They missed the paint entirely; it was all on my windshield. Whoever threw them either had horrible aim or had some ounce of respect for the car.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
      X