my Father passed away this morning.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my Father passed away this morning.

Finest man I have ever known in my 61 years on this earth. Retired USAF Col., 30 years. Veteran of 3 wars: WWII, Korean War, and 2 tours in Viet Nam. Fighter pilot. Bronze and Silver Star winner. ex- base commander. Ex City Manager of Goldsboro, NC. which he did after his military career retirement. Father of 3. Grandfather of 5, Great Grandfather of 3.

Strange: I had just arrived in the parking garage in the commuter van after dropping the riders off at their various locations, parked, and decited to sit for just a few minutes before going up to the office. Something told me "wait....." I can't explain...

6:28 a.m. my cell phone rang. It was my sister. She said she had just recieved the call from our brother that dad passed away at 6:23 a.m., the hospital called him first. (he lives down there and has been the main contact for the hospital through these last few days of my dad's life.)

I've been proud all my life to try and walk in the footsteps of a tall mans shadow, although I never quite filled them. Being the oldest, and having his name: Kenneth L. "Jr"..........it's up to me now to carry on the name in which he made us all proud of.

Thanks to all that have responded since last week at this situation began to develop.

Hold those parents tight, they are the best people in the world.

regards.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Sorry to hear. Our prayers for you, Ken, and your family.
    Greg W. in West Michigan
    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
    <Motor out

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Be with your family as they are so important. I lost my father about 10 years ago and miss him so much.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Sorry to hear Ken. He lived a long life and now he can finally rest. Enjoy the coming time with your family.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I'm really sorry for your loss, Ken. He sounded like he was a great man and you're a reflection of that.

You and your family are in my prayers.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss...

I will be flying my American flag at half-staff in his honor.
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

I can't even think of words brother. I'll fly a P-47 at sunset as a tribute.

Comment

Coping with the loss of a father is tough. Be glad you had a chance to know him as an adult. I lost mine when I was 14. I never really knew him as a person. I just found out a couple of years ago he was a cook in the Navy in WWII. Maybe he will cook your dad something in heaven now. When I die I will make it a point to look him up. It would be an honor.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

thanks all...

Joe and Al, thats awesome... thank you.. that would mean a lot to him for sure.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Truly sorry to hear of your loss Ken. He is one of the finest who made this country and did things I bet I could only dream of.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

I will keep him in my prayers tonight ken.
                      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

So sorry to hear that, Ken.

Time to reflect on a life well lived and remember that he lives on in your good works and actions.
                        Joe K.
                        '11 BMW 328i
                        '10 Matrix S AWD
                        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

In honor of your father...a fallen hero who will not be forgotten...

Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

My Condolences go out to you, Mary and family. Hopefully the details with the funeral and hanlding his posessions and etc will go smoothly.
                            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                            pics and info

Comment

Sorry for your loss Ken.
                              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                              X